Credit G / JES Enforcement Ltd. - tenancy arrears with a Housing Association

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too have had letters from both of these companies and was under the assumption that a dormant company cannot accept payments, although on their letter it does state Credit G's account details so I'm guessing JES is just a front company (trading name) using scare tactics as enforcement. 

Last year I moved home and completely forgot, due to the move, that I had a couple of hundred pounds rent outstanding with my previous housing association.

Over the last couple of months, I've started getting letters from Credit G which I've binned, then subsequently from JES, which I've also binned with the intent of paying off the debt directly to the Housing association, cutting out the profiteers .

This week I had a letter from JES threatening a high court registered company will take up the outstanding debt.

Anyway, today I logged in to my old H/A account with the intent of settling the debt and searched through the statements.

I found out that earlier this year, my rent account was paid in full. I didn't pay it? so I'm guessing Credit G bought the debt and are now chasing me for it?

Such a headache for a couple of hundred quid! Guessing I'll reluctantly end up paying these cowboys after all.. 

Any ideas welcome?

Hi everyone

Yep basically you DON'T deal with JES.  They are just a post office masquerading as thugs.  Treat them with the contempt they deserve.  Half of their so called directors are also directors for Credit G so, yes, they are the hard face of Credit G and a DORMANT company cannot accept payments.  Now I got Credit G eating out of my hand.  Told 'em point blank (in writing of course) that I was having nothing to do with JES and that I was implementing the exact same payment arrangement that I had with the Housing Association so I control everything!

My advice to [email protected] is to get proof of the assignment cos in my experience it is unusual for Credit G to go down the road of buying a debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks