LC Asset Sarl (Link)/Kearns Claimform - old Newday Marbles Credit card - Stayed since december - now CCa Return

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Name of the Claimant ? LC Asset 1 SARL, 20 RUE DE LA POSTE

Date on the claimform 13 Nov 2019

defence filing date  = 30th Sept 2019

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

1. The defendant owes the claimant 219153 (DEBT) under a credit card agreement with L C Asset Sarl.

2. Dated the 28/02/2019 and which was assigned to the claimant and notice of which was given to the defendant.

3. The defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £222153.2

and also claims interest thereon pursuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £10419.

What is the total value of the claim? £2430.72

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? NO

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? NO

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? NO

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Original creditor: Marbles Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?After

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments?

What was the date of your last payment? Feb 2019

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

Below was my defence.

###### Defence ######

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature.

The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is denied. I have never had any financial dealings with L C Asset Sarl n the past. It is denied I have any knowledge of the above Claimant .

3. Paragraph 2 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied , the claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach as requested by CPR 31.14/Section 78 and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and 
(b) show and evidence the service of a default notice pursuant to sec 87(1) of the CCA1974
(c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and
(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and
Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

7. The amounts claimed £22153.2 as per particulars of claims doesn’t tally with amount in the final figure.

There is big disparity between amounts in the claim form.

There is no sign of currency, missing thousand separator and decimals.

8. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

• Andyorch changed the title to Kearns Solicitors/ LC Asset Sari - Marbles Credit card
2 hours ago, billywhizzm said:

1. The defendant owes the claimant 219153 (DEBT) under a credit
card agreement with L C Asset Sarl.

but you didnt open a card agreement with link .

so what's the latest?

dx

Topic Title amended

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to LC Asset Sarl (Link)/Kearns Claimform - old Newday Marbles Credit card - Stayed since december - now CCa Return

the page with the IP address is that labelled 5 0f 5 please?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you already have

so 4 of 5 ends at point 9.4?

and the other sheets dont have point 18.2 either do they?

dx

and they

1 is the CCA

CCA is the T&C's.

the CCA refs section 18.2, i cant find that in the T&C's 

the CCA is electronically signed by you and that was your IP address at the time?

the T&C's have your correct name and address for the time of sign up too?

and they

Hi dx,

Even I cant see any 18.2 in any of the documents sent to me.

The IP may be right when it was signed. The current HOME IP address doesn't match.

The T&C does have my name and address correct.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi billy

plenty of mediation advice on just about every card claimform thread here.

you should be self helping in between stages so you know what is next and what to do

you have no NOA

you have no DN

the CCA is at best poor and incomplete a copy and past jobbie.

the same Q's on the N180 will be asked again.

IMHO you answer i do not have enough paperwork to make an informed decision to enter into the mediation process.

and they

Hi Dx

Getting txt message from HMRC, 

"Small Claims Mediation Service: Telephone Mediation 2020-10-27 from 13:00 - 16:30.

If you can't answer YES to all statements, mediation is NOT suitable for your case and you must contact us to cancel"

After reading lot of post, Should I contact them and cancel stating

"The claimant has still yet to comply with my CPR 31.14 request with regard to clarity of any valid default notice issued, as yet I have never received an original or seen a copy of a valid default notice from the claimant."

or Should I wait on the day and then answer ?

Thanks

no need to state why the lack of paperwork has happened or not, simply email back:

i have not received enough paperwork from the claimant since issuance of the claimform to make an informed decision upon entering mediation.

don't tip them of as to what/why.

dx

and they

Hi dx,

the mediation call finished today. I tried negotiating the amount to 20% just to avoid the court. but at the end I decided let it go to court.

Claimant was stuck at 75% not reducing any more, so I thought its no point discussing more.

The mediator did explained it will cost you more if it goes to court and if you loose a judgement as well.

Lets see what happens.

I hope I did right thing,

eh?

why did you mediate when the claimant has failed to supply all the information you required??????

link and kearns are gonna be scratching their heads thinking you are a soft touch now by even offering anything....

and they

I did started with saying they haven't provide enough information. The mediator mentioned they don't have any documents to verify she is only here to mediate and come up with offer.

The claimant is willing to negotiate and settle out of court so I started with 20%, few calls back and fourth and at the end nothing happened.

Sorry dx may be I messed up

did the mediator not ask the q's one the N180 again before mediation started,, they should have done it's an impportant part of the script.

never mind

let's see how things go.

but expect pressuring letters from the fleecers or their dogs stating you must be liable as you admitted the debt by offering a settlement.

i can see their witness statement being rather interesting too..

and they

None of the q's on the N180. to begin pleasantries exchanged and then straight to offer and negotiations.

They were offering a monthly plan I said if I agree to that they will bind me into agreement.

don't know what will happen but at least others will learn from my mistake.

Thanks dx for the suport

Regards

Edited by billywhizzm

Its not really a mistake...you participated..it failed the claim proceeds to allocation.For all you know they could have accepted your 20% offer in F&FS....which would have brought the claim to an end.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 7 months later...

open

scan up the FULL claimants WS to ONE multipage PDF please

read upload carefully

dx

and they