£5 a statement

rhianweir

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have just been in to branch and they are asking for £5 a statement is that right

Yes if you ask for the statements they can charge you £5 each.

However you need to send the SAR this asks for a list of transactions or alternatively a set of statements. This cost a maximum of £10.

please read the faqs and step by step instructions this will avoid mistakes.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

thats great thankyou . my husband has just paid the £5 a staement what can i do he has paid £300

did he send the SAR or just ask for the statements, has he recieved them yet?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

he went in this morning after i did without me knowing i got a call from him saying he has ordered them at £5 a time we wanted 60 statements

Please tell me he can cancel them!! Ring the bank ASAP and cancel the statements.

too late they have already printed them they haqve charge £5 a statement

CAn you not ask them to refund the cash as it was a mistake? I would draft a letter asking for the cash back.

I think this highlights the importance of reading the step by step instructions and FAQs throughly before starting out.

However, on the plus note you don't have to wait 40 days to see how mcuh they have taken from your account and can therefore claim your charges back quicker - good luck - keep us posted

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

I think this highlights the importance of reading the step by step instructions and FAQs throughly before starting out.

However, on the plus note you don't have to wait 40 days to see how mcuh they have taken from your account and can therefore claim your charges back quicker - good luck - keep us posted

Theres a plus side!

Are you going to ask the bank to refund the money for the statements, I will draft a letter for you if you like.