PCO Private Taxi Cab Car hire and return.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

please help me. From my other posts you can see I have been robbed out of my inheritance and these problems are not coming to an end.

I applied for my TFL PCO taxi / drivers license in October 2018.

in April 2019 they informed me my previous license topographical test is not good as the test center is no longer accredited. So I have to take the new one. I waited 2 months for the appointment with training.

I did the training and test at the center. 20 days later I failed. Map navigation section.

I booked again. Did the test again on 13/09/2019.

After the test NOW I was formed that drawing the navigation all I need to do is the shortest route from A to B.

I was told in my training to draw only on YELLOW ROADS. So side or minor streets is a big no.

now I know based upon the what I have been told I have failed again and every applicant fails based upon map drawing which is done on google maps.

I guess all they want to SEE is if u can read one way roads etc.

some say you must draw as you would drive I.e draw on left side of the road. Some say no middle is fine. There is NO CLEAR DATA INFORMATION from anywhere as to what is the correct method of doing it.

If I fail again I want to expose this. I do not have a money for a solicitor.

PLEASE can someone advise me who can I write to. Any email addresses or people to contact?

This is beyond a joke.

Ali

I take it this is for a private hire licence, rather than the full  (taxi) “knowledge”?

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/taxis-and-private-hire/licensing/topographical-assessment

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/topographical-assessment-guidance-04-2019.pdf

You haven’t been turning right from Holborn Viaduct onto Farringdon Street have you?

Edited by BazzaS

Well, you haven’t answered the question I posed (Private hire vs. Taxi), and you’ve titled the thread “PCO / Taxi”, so one is left wondering if you actually want advice, if you are just “on a rant”, or you are on another “wind-up” (like the thread where you said you were ‘getting intimate’ with your solicitor!)

Edited by BazzaS

private hire and i am not looking to rant, i want to know how i can get answers. and make official complaints.

and as you are defaming me link the post so i can see where i am trying to get intimate with a solictor?

i think maybe what needs to be understood is there is no clear cut instructions on how to draw, i was told yellow roads only and only after the 2nd attempt to draw anywhere.

also the example they give is not reflective of the real test and the PDF the most important is the last section which could indicate to draw on white roads too.

however the first accredited test center said no yellow roads only.

Don’t ask for the link if you don’t want me to post it

Don’t accuse me of defaming you if you don’t want me to show that I’m not defaming you.

Some of the posts on that thread have been edited or hidden. The site team will no doubt have access to them if needed.

The link is:

Do you recall it? The one where you found a lady solicitor and she got you to take your shirt off, took photo’s, sniffed your shirt, and you were going round to her place at 10 pm on a weekend?

Post 145, for example: “She did say £300 is for her time and what ever happens in that time is through mutual consent.”

Where people were saying that it was behaviour that would get a solicitor struck off?

if you don’t want to see my responses, put me on ignore. If you think I’ve broken site rules use the “report” button. **Simples**

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1

NOW THAT MY POST. REQUEST for help has been hijacked.

What do i do now? make a another post and hope and pray he does not come back?

i am sorry to say this man, member has been harnessing all my posts.

this needs to stop. why is he allowed to destroy any chance of help?

that quotation etc is not from me. nor do i own it or remember it did any such things.

Post 144 on that thread quotes you directly.

If you didn’t post what it quotes you as posting:

a) why didn’t you get the site team to remove it before,

b) I’m sure they’d check and fix it now if you asked them and said “I never posted that!”, and they checked and found that to be true.

Don’t forget they can see posts, even when hidden / ‘deleted’ or later edited.

“The greatest benefit of the truth is that you only have to remember the one version” (and thus don’t get caught out in differing versions....)

As i will contact my local MP and another complaints system. i do not need any more i dont think.

please in the future you stay out of my posts. so far every response has been to you. where is the help.

find better things to do then make life difficult for people to see help.

that post is over 2 years old. why quote it? just get lost.

4 minutes ago, philmycoke said:

As i will contact my local MP and another complaints system. i do not need any more i dont think.

please in the future you stay out of my posts. so far every response has been to you. where is the help.

find better things to do then make life difficult for people to see help.

that post is over 2 years old. why quote it? just get lost.

Why quote it?

a) because it rebuts your accusation that I defamed you

b) because it rebuts your statement that you never posted that information,

c) because it might prompt people to look at your posting history and make up their own mind if you are

i) Mr. Reliable poster who always posts well thought out posts that don’t have made up information and an ever-changing story or

ii) not.

They can them decide how much credence to give this latest saga (didn’t you previously say you were a taxi driver?), and make their own decision about how much effort to put in .....

so, that’s 3 different reasons for starters ....

go find a private hire taxi forum. or group

they'll know not really a consumer issue..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 6 months later...

Dear friends,

I hired a car on the 93/2020 to work as a mini cab driver.

Every week i must pay £203. They gave us 50% discount because of the virus.

now that London is more or less in a lock down, with Uber reducing its service and other ride sharing apps also very quite, dead, the income is zero.

therefore i can not make my weekly payment at 50% discount.

i called them 11 times, emailed 4 departments no response.

this morning i spoke to the lady in accounts, whos very rude and very aggressive, maybe shes had practice of the last week or so

has insisted i must pay or she will send my account to debt collections.

When i asked her, when will she do this, she said soon as u dont make a payment.

NOW on the 9th i paid £700 deposit and then further paid £203 on the 19th.

ALL payments are up to date.

What is my solution?

( i am uploading my T&C, if you look carefully page 4 under Termination and then page 5, i think it is incomplete) will this help me?

Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

so what debt collectors are totally powerless.

why do you need the car now?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hand the car back. stuff all legal action going to be happening for a while anyway!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I will lose my £700 deposit.

that includes advanced congestion charge, weeks rent and reinsurance weaver for "access".

I cant argue well and shes very aggressive, each time i say something she shuts me off.

go work for Tesco, do other driving job, go to asda etc.

45 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

so what debt collectors are totally powerless.

why do you need the car now?

Look you know more then me, i have never been that deep in it to know anything. i watched few programs on bbc about collectors, they evict single mothers, close shops, take peoples cars etc.

i wish i could agree they are powerless. right now the courts are closing etc so i am sure if i did not pay it might take time.

also i am self employed with zero income i am sure they wont break my door down and take my items.

i dont want to go there, if i can get a resolve that is the best.

there "site and office" is closed. infact the huge 9 or 10 story building is closed.

i got 2 weeks left.  50% discount means £100 this week and next week. in the 4 emails i sent i told them if i have to give i am giving my 2 weeks notice.

Christ where is this £200 going to come from? universal credit wont even answer the phone.

did someone read the attachment i added?

based on page 4 and 5 is it valid toc or contract

NOW THEY EMAILED ME saying " it is 4 weeks contract + 2 weeks notice" so i have to pay for 6 weeks.

i cant lose my depost.

Looking at it very briefly, the contract seems to be in many respects extremely unfair. Some of it is really quite unenforceable – in particular there is an imbalance in the amount of notice that you are required to give them and the fact that they can apparently terminate your contract within six hours. Also, this business of inflicting a £500 charge for failing to report an accident within three hours, I would have thought was extremely unfair and unenforceable as well.

The contract says that there is only a £500 deposit – also there is a minimum hire period of 28 days and they want to each notice to terminate it. So at the very least I would give them the notice they require. You can then either return the car now or return in two weeks. They've got the deposit which is basically two weeks hire so after that it seems to me that they owe you money.

You've been here since 2011 so you should be well aware that you should read our customer services guide and implemented the advice there. I suppose you haven't – which is why you got no evidence of the conversation for the way you've been treated.

I disagree that the contract is for a minimum of four weeks plus the two weeks notice period. It seems to me that the writing on the contract says that it is a minimum 28 days. So you can terminate by giving 14 days notice – and if you do that within the 28 days, there is no need to do the six weeks.

I understand from what you are saying is that they require two weeks notice after the expiry of the 28 days which means there is a minimum hire period of six weeks. This is totally contrary to what the contract says.

If you are given notice in writing right now. When you return the car and tell them that if they want to take action they have your address and you will defend it vigourously. You can tell them that you have already taken advice and that you realise that a lot of the contract is extremely one-sided, punitive and unenforceable.

I think you should assert yourself these people. They don't sound very pleasant – although of course you won't be able to hire a car from them again.

40 minutes ago, philmycoke said:

Look you know more then me, i have never been that deep in it to know anything. i watched few programs on bbc about collectors, they evict single mothers, close shops, take peoples cars etc.

i wish i could agree they are powerless. right now the courts are closing etc so i am sure if i did not pay it might take time.

also i am self employed with zero income i am sure they wont break my door down and take my items.

'they' can't do anything of the sort!!

dx

and they

Also, lets see what Boris says later this week, he promised help for small businesses didn't he? 

I dont think the hirers are demonstrating the forbearance we are all going to need in the coming  months.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Looking at their contract, they don't seem to be the sort of people who would exercise forbearance with anybody. I wonder if this woman you are speaking to was Renee Rogers?

No Amina, wow you know them?

Renee is going to say yes or no to the £50 deposit i have to pay every week as i am splitting the deposit over few weeks.

this Thursday i have to pay £103 + £50. i requested they take £103 only.

NOW THE COUNTRY is in lock down.

I dont know where the £103 is going to come from either.

this year was supposed to be my year.

god damn it!

Action for tomorrow!

1. i go drop of the car 2 mile journey and risk being fined £1000 etc.

i will lose the deposit.

maybe get something back as its 50% discount for next two weeks.

2. they have my CC somehow stop the payments going out and car will be parked on the road with no insurance

3. if they agree pay £100 this and next week and hopefully they accept the 28 day contract and not 6 weeks as the contract suggests.

(£900 lost and none of it is my fault. took me 3 months to save this money) All this has to happen to me.

none of these options are good.

i am lost and confused.

i dont know what to do.

i cant handle bailiffs and debt collections etc. CCJ's etc.

i am 39 now, i will be ruined if all this goes pear shaped?