• Tweets

• Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

GDPR breech by swift

Hi I have made a complaint against swift it appears I’ve currently over paid them by over £2000, they are asking for a further £19000. But to top it off they have stapled a letter belonging to someone else giving all their details to one of mine breaking all GDPR rules! Any advice? 

I have a complaint with Swift advances having over paid them yet the are still demanding further money also added a GDPR issue with them as they sent me someone else’s letter with all their details on. What would you do? 

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've merged your threads to the Data Protection forum. It's best to keep to one thread per issue.

You might like to start a separate thread just about the amount owed in the Swift Advances forum.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

contact the ICO regarding the letter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

on the swift loan? front

please expand

is this a mortgage, secured loan or WHY?

get an sar running to them and get all the statements too.

lets see how many £1000's they've added in unlawful fixed sum penalty fees...like late/arrears/debt collection/phonecalls/it's raining today - your fault.

i'll move your thread to the swift forum as you can have a good read there of others troubles and learn how to get reclaiming.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

do what alone?

dx

and they

sar 1st 

get it off tomorrow

info gathering time.

why do you think you've overpaid?

have you ever been in arrears?

and was this loan linked to a mortgage application or simply a consolidation loan to pay debt off?

and they

Brilliant thanks I’ll get an SAR off to them. 
It was home improvement. 

the overpayment is on their paperwork! I should have paid in the region of £56000 at the end of the loan but have already paid £58000.  There were arrears that have been cleared 

• 2 months later...
On 14/08/2020 at 18:10, Swiftwidow said:

Brilliant thanks I’ll get an SAR off to them. 
It was home improvement. 

the overpayment is on their paperwork! I should have paid in the region of £56000 at the end of the loan but have already paid £58000.  There were arrears that have been cleared 

Hello,

How are you progressing with Swift?

They said they investigated and offered me an apology only. They still won’t send me all the info I have requested numerous times. Given up! 

3 minutes ago, Swiftwidow said:

They said they investigated and offered me an apology only. They still won’t send me all the info I have requested numerous times. Given up! 

Send the SAR again registered post they have to reply. If they don't a Solicitor's letter will be the quickest way to remedy that. Glad you got the apology letter, keep safe with your Swift paperwork. A Solicitor will be able to point you in the right direction during this process of how best you can tackle Swift. Please come back to update.

Ico

Dx

and they