• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EE Cifas marker for non payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some advice, back in 2015 I bought a ee sim card for data not a mobile phone and it was not on a contract it was a monthly thing where as I understood I paid £20 and had 20gb of data to use.

I stopped topping up after 2 months and the data stopped,

after applying for a c/c I was refused and my bank account was cancelled and I was told to check CIFAS file and was shocked to find

First party fraud - (Opening an account or other facility for a fraudulent purpose or the fraudulent misuse of an account or facility;

or taking out an insurance policy for a fraudulent purpose or the fraudulent misuse of an insurance policy and/or insurance policy documentation)

Which looks like they are saying I opened my bank account to commit fraud, I had the bank account 7 years before.

So any ideas how I go about getting this removed

we will need more details of how the phone sim and bank account are linked and why insurance seems to be what they are grouching about.

Start at the beginning,

name the bank and phone provider and whilst you are at it go through your bank statements to see if there is anything that resembles what you are accused of.

Also look at your credit files and see who has been  putting their feet all over it.

if you have a great block of red ink courtesy of a phone provider then that will be the link

but also understand that you might not have bought a data contract but some other product linked to the phone or not connected to it in any way

It was a data sim because my internet in the house was down

I bought the sim from EE and used it in a data module that I also bought from ee at a cost of £100,

They performed a credit check so had to give them my nationwide bank details for this.

It was just a sim card

no phone or module or insurance,

it was £20 per month on a rolling contract where they took the £20 in advance for the data.

On my credit file they have a default of non payment of £20 dating back to 2016

that doesn't tell us enough about activity on your bank account nor about any other red marks on your credit file.

The CIFAS marker isn't about a phone contract so what exactly was the contract for? 

you say data but that will come under a service contract so would it be possible to use massive amounts of data improperly and then not pay for it?

what about your bank account, were you in the red?

were you paying funds into the account from recognised sources like salary.

Did you have any other DD's on that account.

This is what I do not understand

It was for a data sim card where EE took £20 in advance for 20gb of data each month on a month by month rolling contract

once I had used the data it would switch off so impossible to use any more than I had already paid for.

If I wanted to carry on using it i would have to log on and pay another £20.

I used the service for a few months and then did not renew the contract and heard no more 

My bank account was used for ID purposes only and was my main bank account with all my wages and d/d and held for 7 years plus, no insurance was taken out and no other accounts opened.

This is my point EE have listed this and has no connected with the data they have entered

i bet it wasn't a rolling monthly contract with a free data device..

i bet it was a 12 or 24month contract as long as you paid the £20 sum PCM for the duration of the contract.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was defiantly a rolling contact because it was had to be renewed each month,  I had to log onto an account and load £20 there was no D/D  and I bought a data device.

The cifas entry appears to say I used a bank account for fraudulent purpose

so the cifas marker was nowt to do with EE and doesn't have their name either

so i cant see why thats even been mentioned here.

so the bank did it for some reason.

did you have any large monetary sums go in that were not wages.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The marker is from EE, I did not even know I had it until i tried to upgrade my bank account and got turned down and then had my account froze and then closed

National Fraud Database entry filed by:

EE Ltd t/a T-Mobile(UK)

Application date:27 November2015

Date recorded:27 April 2016

Product relating to the application,proposal,account or facility:

Communications- Mobile Phone Facility: Granted Case type: Misuse of facility

SEND ee AN SAR

DX

and they

I suspect you are going to find out that you (or at least EE will argue that you) did not sign up to a rolling contract that needed you to renew it each month, but that you signed up to some other arrangement that required you to continue monthly payments until it either expired or you cancelled it as per their T&Cs.

Or EE have simply made a mistake  

EE have a habit of doing this. If you stop paying in some cases they add CIFAS Markers...

Its wrong. Have you sorted your Bank Account? Who did you go with? Itll drop off the record after Apr 2022. 

In this case i think it can be challenged. Maybe email the CEO? 

CEOEmail.com

I can help draft something on this for you.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Many thanks my account has been closed and I have to go into branch to get my balance and savings back as they wanted to send me a cheque and it was Nationwide.

If you could help with a draft that would be fantastic as I really do not know where to start.

• 2 weeks later...

an update and so more help with the above topic,

I have managed to speak to someone about the issue and it turns out I was right and the default was placed in error as I had bought the device and was on a pay as you go data plan and had paid for all services I had used.

The lady from ee confirmed this and the default has been removed from my credit file.

However the entry on the cifas database has not as this needs to be done via EE credit referrals but they have no phone number and only an email address.

I have had no reply from them so want to know who/how I go about contacting to get help so any ideas

eh? why couldn't EE do it themselves interdept?

seems a bit odd that the sufferer has to run around and undo their mistakes and ring the right people up!

what a company!!

and they

This sounds like a very serious error and you should be looking for compensation.

I suggest that you send them and SAR - and then if you want we can help you go from there

Just a quick update I have managed to speak to someone from the fraud team who maintain they were within their rights to upload a fraud entry but having looked at the account again they will remove said entry. While this is a great outcome I still feel it is wrong they can upload a fraud marker because they * think* I took out an account to defraud them when it was a pay as you go dongle so impossible to get anything more than i paid for.

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me.

This account was taken out on 27 November 2015 for a Dongle on a 30 day commitment. You do have to call to cancel the agreement and give the required 30 days’ notice which I can see from my records you did so however this was the day after payment was due .

I can confirm our Fraud Team have removed the Fraud Flag. This particular CIFAS flag is loaded when an account is cancelled for non-payment after the first bills were paid .

The loading itself is for evasion of payment which means that you had entered into a contract with EE, with no intention to pay. Therefore, this fits under first party fraud, misuse of the facility.

The CIFAS entry was loaded correctly, however, as the balance has been adjusted, they have removed the entry from CIFAS.

Any lenders viewing a brand-new copy of your report, dated after 21 August 2020, via Experian, TransUnion or Equifax will no longer see the information.

If you would like to talk to us

If you’d like to talk to me about this, or anything in my email, please call me on 0800079 0232. I am in the office this week until tomorrow 9.30am to 5.30pm.

Thanks again Thomas for getting in touch. I stay safe.

On 13/08/2020 at 21:45, TOMMIEBOY said:

Date recorded:27 April 2016

imho you should be seeking compo.

a mobile phone contract or indeed any contract supplier should not be allowed to enter a cifas marker at all in mymind.

next we'll have the ruddy private parking companies doing it for speculative invoices!!

dx

• Haha 1

and they