• Tweets

• Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • Hi   Fire Protection isn't just for cladding fire proofing doors etc it also includes Annual Fire Inspections which all add to costs.   Water Charge for the communal boiler fault managed by SSE It would depend how your housing association has setup the contract with SSE. (sounds as if you have a Combined Heat and Power system (CHP)) if this is the case my own Housing Association also has this its the largest CHP in the UK still and it is run and managed by SSE right down to they repair faults at their cost not the tenants its how the contract was setup). As said it would depend on how your HA setup the contract with SSE.   If it is a CHP system and the fault as you have describe these are not cheap to repair/get a replacement parts. (my own HA CHP covers thousands of properties and has three boilers two are constantly used the third is and emergency backup/used if maintenance on others required.)   If all tenants are being charged this £200-£300 have the HA added this as a Service Charge as part of your Rent Statement?   I am a HA Tenant and if I had this as a HA Tenant myself I certainly would be challenging it with the HA as such costs should have been budgeted for in the HA Budget Plan.   Do you have a Tenants Committee/Registered Tenants Organisation (RTO) if so as well as complaint to the HA I would also inform them of this   With your letter Make sure and Title it 'Formal Complaint' this way they have to log it as a complaint which in turn in turn must be added to the HA return to the Regulator.   Only if you consider getting together with other tenants as a Group to complain about this the best advice I will give you is always complain individual as well as a Group. (note: why you ask well individually as stated they have to log all those complaints but as a Group its only one complaint logged the Group one)
    • ukcps just a typo martin.   you don't really have to really worry   just sit tight and await to see if they issue a letter of claim or action.   the landlord will have copies of everything if the renters didn't fwd it on as they should do.
    • I'm not 100% upto speed with the latest PAP but my understanding is i have 30 days to reply to the LoC.   I have asked for an up to date statement as i havent had one in well over 12 months and i was playing with them a bit, so i might wait a week for that to arrive so i have it in black and white before firing off the SB, it will be sent anyway but would like to see all my ducks in a row first if i can before pulling the trigger.
    • Hi,   I defaulted on a Vodafone contract, the default date is 31/07/2015, the amount at that date was approximately £650 now nearly £800.   Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd now have the debt and it was passed on to Lowell Solicitors who have sent me a "Notice of Claim Issue" on the 31/08/2020, this letter was sent after the claim form 25/08/2020.   I called Lowell, asked for proof of the agreement, they was rude saying a CCJ will be entered against me that day or the next not knowing I filled out the online claim form, so I put the phone down. I was then sent a "Notice of pending County Court Judgment (CCJ)" on the 13/09/2020.   I think I made a mistake with the online form, I did not admit to the claim but I ticked the jurisdiction box, can that be undone?   I added my claim yesterday by checking through recent claims from this forum. I'm now at the point where I'm being asked if I want to counter claim, do I wait? Also I have not sent CPR 31.14 letter yet as I can not find a template on here or know how to send payment of £1.   Please help.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

credit card claim struck out.

Hi, if a terminated credit card claim has been struck out by the court, appealed and lost (ie still struck out) - is the balance therefore zero?

Can a 2nd claim for the same card (terminated>6yrs ago) be presented against me for a different amount.

No striking out a claim does not render the amount to nil...the debt remains. Second claims...possible.....if its assigned to a new DCA and the amount of claim differs along with the particulars.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ok, bit more info i should have stated.

The claim was started within the 6 years stat limitation.

the hearing was after 6 years had expired and so was the strike out.

It is now 8 years past default notice, and i have not heard anything since strike out for 1.5 years.

surely another claim for the same terminated account is time barred, even if they change the amount to a lesser amount.

the issue is the oc bank has written to me stating i am due a refund of wrongly taken charges and interest FROM 2011 and have applied the refund to the os balance, which is with the purchaser company who was struck out.

The oc say they have informed the purchaser of the revised balance, which means the claim against me by the purchaser was for the wrong balance.

surely this does not mean they could use this balance for a new claim 8 years later?

this smells like a trick.

the payment is not by you so does not reset the time bar.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

should the oc have paid the refund to me? by the sounds of it, the balance continues, only just unenforceable. i would have thought the bal would have been written off?

un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does..

and no why should you get the money??

they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.