Used car issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 11/08/2020 at 10:01, Mazzone10 said:

Who would I address the letter to?

The website says "Canalside Motors' as does the invoice. I have just checked and there is a Limited Company operating from the premises called 'Perry Barr Motors'. I do not have the individuals name.

I've seen this on those bailiff shows where they will try and wiggle their way out of paying by using different operating names.

Thanks. 

Can you not hand deliver the letter of rejection to Canalside Motors quoting the the bank transfer reference number ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The issue I have is ownership of the business rather than the address.

If it gets to court, I won't know who the partners/sole trader of the business is. It could also be one of the many Ltd Companies at the address.

Thanks for your reply.

In a strange twist of fate he called me yesterday and agreed to refund me on the car. I am due to drop it off on Friday and hope he sticks to his word. I am still going to produce the rejection letter as a safety net in any case.

Thanks to those who have replied on this post. I will keep it updated.

Mark.

I had some good news on this yesterday as the dealer refunded me in full. This wasn't without a fight though and he was digging his heels in. I did mention my rights several times and dismissed his claims regarding a warranty.

I was due to drop it off at his mechanics yesterday but they were closed until Monday. He said he would get the issues fixed before reselling it. I've checked this morning and the car is listed back on Autotrader. It's obvious they don't care.

Thanks all to helped on here.