Fast Track Refund - Ryanair *** Full Refund***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG,

Managed to get some of my family members over to Malta for R&R.

Booked with Ryanair, and as per recommendations added 'Fast Track'

Turns out this was not available at Luton airport, for unknown reasons, on the way out

According to Ryanair website - they are not responsible and will not offer a refund

My thoughts are :

1. They are the supplier and sold this option (actively promoted as a COVID reason)

2. As the 'supplier' they are liable if this not provided and therefore the 'contract' was not full filed and a refund should be given

Am I correct?

Gerson

I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.

You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?

Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?

Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)

Edited by Kyosanto

Hi Kyosanto,

Thanks - my thoughts exactly

Family members were too excited to be getting some R&R they did not take video or photo

Been trying to contact Ryanair via 'Chat', Facebook - no answer so far

Will send them an e-mail and see if that gets a reply otherwise I will get the Credit Card company involved in a reclaim

G

Well guess what.......

Got a reply from Ryanair which basically said - if flight cancelled, or you got vouchers, blah, blah, blah, case closed

Not one word about FastTrack

Have sent it back stating flights were okay, no cancellation - please refund the FastTrack payment ONLY

Will give them another week

Can I use Sec75 - credit card - to make a claim if needed?

G

Hah yup, I'm not surprised. It's hard to get a response from a human from these companies which have absolute zero focus on customer care (such as Ryanair, Last minute).

I don't think it's likely you'll get a reply within a week, so why not go ahead with the S75 claim? Did you mention that to Ryanair in writing? It can help move things to mention "please note that without a reply from you within X business days I will have no alternative than to file a s75 claim", but you do need a human to review your e-mail - which probably does not happen since O'Leary must have fired them all after spitting on their face and calling them lazy.

Depending on who your credit card provider is, and since we're only talking about round 20 quid  I'd chance they could well refund you outright without bothering to request for evidence. If case they don't, you may want to get in touch with Luton now already to ask them if they can confirm in writing that no FT was available that day.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so no reply from Ryanair other than the usual about flight cancellations/vouchers

Do they ever read a refund request properly

Anyways sent of a 'Dispute' form to Capital One

Will update if/when I get any feedback

G

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Andyorch changed the title to Fast Track Refund - Ryanair *** Full Refund***