• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds bank SMT instruct staff not to comply with DSAR

donotletthem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last 2.5 years we have been in a battle with Lloyds bank concerning a BTL mortgage account and many mistakes made by Lloyds to do with the account,

it's a very long story,

however in January Lloyds did admit liability for some of the items.

During this process and research carried out it has become apparent that an SMT member at the bank directly instructed for staff not to fully complete SAR requests as the information would of been damaging and meant the bank have to admit liability.

We have given senior members of staff the bank a couple of hours to respond and will be posting all evidence along with the response on this thread later. 

well dont mess around

get straight on the phone to the ICO.

lloyds have been fined SOOO many times by them and the FOS in recent years, this should be interesting info for them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have just spoken to Sarah Harrowsmith Head of Complex Complex and Executive Complaints she is now asking for more time to view the issues, I have as they know also spoken to the ICO and parliamentary commission.

I will not be granting anymore time and will tell you the RF is the SMT member who requested information from a SAR request to be held back   

You are absolutely right to give them no more time. you should certainly make a complaint to the ICO but do that simply to get a reference number. Don't expect any movement from the ICO or any particular interest. The best you can hope for is maybe a message from them saying that Lloyds are probably in breach. However, we will help you bring the appropriate action. Monitor this thread please.

Maybe you can tell us a trip more about the story including the values etc involved

I'll put the full storey up when I have time, but I'm not sure if people are aware a number of years ago Lloyds changed systems and when this happened a number of client address that had been changed due to house moves ect. reverted back to the account holders old addresses leading to statements and other information from across different products being sent to incorrect address causing a data breach. Lloyds have since tried to hide the breach, including removing information from SAR requests to cover it up.

This is an extremely interesting piece of information. Have you any evidence of it please?

Yes I have a number of phone calls and now some written information admitting the address reverted back when the systems where migrated. Two of the calls from November 2017 Lloyds said didn't take place when they didn't appear in a SAR request, phone records proved the calls took place to which Lloyds then said the recordings had gone missing, which was a breach in it's self. After over a year of researching we obtained copies of the calls which Lloyds had all along.  Vanessa Murden (Group customer services director and chief operating officer) has become aware these calls where hidden by the SMT along with other evidence and calls which were also removed from a number of SAR requests.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Donotletthem,

ref: "

During this process and research carried out it has become apparent that an SMT member at the bank directly instructed for staff not to fully complete SAR requests as the information would of been damaging and meant the bank have to admit liability. We have given senior members of staff the bank a couple of hours to respond and will be posting all evidence along with the response on this thread later. "

Do you have any solid evidence of this? I believe this is what is going on in my case but cannot prove it. How did you manage to uncover this? I cannot get Lloyds to provide any information using DSAR and it took over 6 months before they responded and they never responded to ICO. 

Do you have an update?

Any insights would be most appreciated

I'm afraid the fact that the OP hasn't been back to this thread since 10 August may mean that they have succeeded in putting pressure on Lloyds to achieve their resolution.
Unfortunately that would mean that they won't come back here and report to anybody.

Although this is a good result for them, it does mean that people who need help and support are left in the lurch. There's nothing we can do about it I'm afraid

BankFodder,

thanks for letting me know. 

It isn't right the way these banks are getting away with this and it will be yet another case hidden from the public so we cannot pursue the same actions to get them to do the right thing! Would you know of any resources that might help us to force Lloyds to produce the information we need?

The senior managers dealing with this have been on holiday back today, however it has come apparent Lloyds are unsure what to do,

as they are well aware the have tried to cover up DSAR information, they made a five figure settlement for the first part, but due to what we have now found out this should of been six figures.

As Lloyds are unsure what to do we will be posting a full update within the next week with evidence of what they have done, this will bring criminal charges against a number of the SMT at Lloyds.

They think I'll go away but so far this has gone 2.5 years and I'm now ready to publish

• Like 2

No I'm afraid not. If they decide to be dishonest then there's very little we can do about it. 

1 minute ago, donotletthem said:

The senior managers dealing with this have been on holiday back today, however it has come apparent Lloyds are unsure what to do, as they are well aware the have tried to cover up DSAR information, they made a five figure settlement for the first part, but due to what we have now found out this should of been six figures. As Lloyds are unsure what to do we will be posting a full update within the next week with evidence of what they have done, this will bring criminal charges against a number of the SMT at Lloyds. They think I'll go away but so far this has gone 2.5 years and I'm now ready to publish

Well we are all ears, as you can imagine.

It would be very helpful if you would be prepared to share some of this evidence with me off-line and incomplete confidence by contacting me by email at our admin email address.
It would help us to get things in perspective and once again we would treat things in total confidence

I'm happy to publish rather than DM, a number of points make up the issue

Not sure how many people know but about 6 years ago Lloyds updated a number of systems, when Lloyds transported a number of mortgage and credit card accounts from the old to new systems they managed to import addresses from a few years prior creating a data breach as anyone who moved house in this period had statements sent out to old addresses. Lloyds have never owned up to this breach.

Hi Donotletthem,

thanks for the update, and impressed at your determination with this. We have a very short deadline to submit an appeal and really up against it. Are you able to tell us how you got them to provide the full information you needed in terms of SAR

I for one am really looking forward to your post when it comes as know it will help thousands if not millions of people who are battling with these banks and their powerful legal reps.

Not been to court as yet but have just finished the bundle to submit for a six figure sum which highlights everything they have done, which we have also notified the press of. I feel the same as many others about the banks thinking they are above the law, as I have something so concrete it's time to make a show. Lloyds really do not know what they are dealing with taking someone like me on, hence why this has been worked on for so many years.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TiredOfCorruption said:

...Are you able to tell us how you got them to provide the full information you needed in terms of SAR? ...

I would assume from #7 that donotletthem made a SAR of Lloyds and noticed that certain 'phone conversations from 2017 were missing from Lloyds response.  It would seem that donotletthem had independent records of those conversations.  (Recordings, 'phone bills?)

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 13:53, donotletthem said:

...Two of the calls from November 2017 Lloyds said didn't take place when they didn't appear in a SAR request, phone records proved the calls took place to which Lloyds then said the recordings had gone missing, which was a breach in it's self. After over a year of researching we obtained copies of the calls which Lloyds had all along...

The banks seem to be able to pay their way out of any situation. As BankFodder responded to my question as to whether there was anything I could do says:

"No I'm afraid not. If they decide to be dishonest then there's very little we can do about it. "

Do you have any legal background? As guessing to take them on and play them at their own game you might need this?

There where a number of items that didn't appear in the original request so are still missing, which we know exist, yes these two calls where among the missing items luckily we had proof of the calls and backed it up with phone records.

We are still missing a number of items which Lloyds are now meant to be getting which is what they say is causing the delay as we have internal evidence of the items. These missing items will cause Lloyds a lot of issues and they know this. At the moment Lloyds are trying to work out what we have as we even have internal e-mails of them discussing the case  

I disagree with BankFodder you can do something about it, however you have to be very resilient as it takes years, most people give up.

I went to the ombudsman to begin with but they are as corrupt as the banks. 

Due to this I took it in to my own hands and after 18 months had obtained information that the bank could not get away from, evidence of lies, system migration issues incomplete SDAR this is why the settled part one. They thought I would then go away but no way not until all information is addressed will I go away and they know what I have is very worrying for them

I do have some legal experience, have a lot of experience dealing with dishonest business and now have legal firm backing  

Donotletthem,

"I do have some legal experience, have a lot of experience dealing with dishonest business and now have legal firm backing "

This is good to hear, as they are less able to run rings round you like they can with the the general public. All the best with it and looking forward to see what you publish and whether there is anything in there that will help me with my own battle. 

So in January  the chief operating officer said that Lloyds had a lot to learn from my case and would be taking all points on board. Some of the points were about acknowledging import e-mails when the sender asks for confirmation of receipt.

Over the last two days I have sent a number of the Lloyds senior management team a couple of very important e-mails  as we are going to press criminal charges (can't at the moment say why) and these members haven't acknowledged even so they have opened the mails.   

So lets just ask openly  what learning has actually been taken on board?

Exactly donotletthem! There’s a lot of talk but limited action from the senior management team at Lloyd’s. I wish you well on pressing the charges as they need to be held to account.

I’ve tried to contact you directly but as a new member here I need to post 11 pieces of content to do so.

Thanks!