Guarantee time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a engine rebuilt 10 months ago, it has a 12 month guarantee.

It failed recently and was taken away,

however the company are saying that they are too busy to look at it,

they have had it 10 days now and it took a month to rebuild last time.

I have no other van, so i have had to hire one.

Can i claim this cost back against the company?

and is there a time limit in which they need to repair the engine under their guarantee

name names please

did you inform the garage that you would be hiring a van at their expense?

forget guarantees and warranties, not worth the paper they are written on.

your friend here is the consumer rights act. CRA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no i haven't discussed hiring a van with them yet, i have only just found out that they are to busy to do anything, i spoke to the secretary on the desk.

I am worried that i could wait months and go out of business due to the extra cost of hiring a van for a weeks/months

you should be recording your calls.

i would immediately inform them by phone now and in writing by a royal mail letter that you have had to hire a van at xxx cost per day and that you hold them, under the consumer rights act 2015, responsible for said costs from xxx date until your van is back on the road . 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This sounds like it could be a business to business contract, in which case I don't think CRA applies. You will still have rights under SOGA. Make sure you check before you start quoting the wrong legislation at them. 

I think I agree.  This doesn't sound like a consumer rights question if you may go out of "business".

So it's worked ok for the last ten months since the rebuild?  Why did it need a rebuild - was it on its last legs?  Presumably a rebuild was cheaper than any other option?

Is your 12 months guarantee in writing and does it give any timescales for rectifying faults?  If not, I'd say they have a "reasonable amount of time" to fix it in.  Could be two weeks or six weeks or longer depending on the circumstances.

You need to talk to them and explain you need the van to stay in business and to keep you as a customer.  If they can't fix it pronto or if they won't contribute to you hiring another van, you'll go bust.  If they won't play ball you either need to hire a van your self or take it to another garage - and pay for another rebuild or replacement.  Then try suing the original garage for the cost.

The fact it ran ok for ten months tends to indicate the rebuild was fit for purpose.  But if it needed rebuilding in the first place it may be completely bu99ered now and just throwing good money after bad...