Samsung won't repair phone under Warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All 

I've spent 2 weeks without a phone and over 4 hours between phone and livechat talking to samsung about my broke s10e phone screen.

I bought the phone in June 2021 and long and short of it the phone screen broke while in my pocket.

I made a call before getting in the car and it was fine.

Went to make a call when I got out the car and the screen had cracked and some LCD damage.

The LCD damage has now fixed itself.

I called samsung to get this repaired and they flat out refused to repair it as it was physically damaged and their warranty only covers manufacture defects and that all their phones are rigorously tested.

I told them that if all their phones are rigorously tested and don't break in peoples pockets just like that then my screen must be one with a manufacturers defect and that it is covered by the warranty then.

At which point after climbing as high up the chain as I could this was the only answer I would get. 

Is there anything I can do here ?

I am not lying about it breaking in my pocket.

It's got a full phone case only things showing are front/back camera and fingerprint reader and no marks besides from placing my case on.

I just don't feel that it's fair that they expect me too pay £190 to fix the screen when it is obviously defective. What if the replacement screen breaks randomly then they will just expect me to pay another £190 I expect. 

I've also tried approaching EE who my phone contract is with to which I was advised to go  to samsung or they could quote for a repair or I could early upgrade.

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm at my wits end here.

Forget warranty/guarantee thats doesnt replace your rights under consumer laws and are not worth the paper rhey are written on.

The retailer is your target under cra

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yup, go after EE and remind them THEY supplied the phone and are responsible under CRA 2015.

You say you bought the phone June 2021 - I assume you mean June 2020 but please confirm.

Can you also confirm what type of physical phone cover you used - hinged hard leather or plastic back and front cover, etc ?

Did you speak to EE by phone, or visit an EE store. I've found EE store staff can be v helpful if you have a store nearby.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi guys

Thanks for your help so far. Yes I spoke to EE via the phone. I shall try visiting them in store on Saturday. 

Sorry about the mix up with dates. I bought the phone June 2019. Will this affect things?

did you purchase the phone from EE?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then they are your target under CRA 2015

as the item is over 6mts old

it is for you to prove (via an independent's report)  upon it being faulty which might cost you a fee

but you'll get that back too.

they are entitled to refund (with discount for use had), repair or replace

their choice. 

and they

mobile phone shop.

dx

and they

doesnt matter

the CRA states you need an independent report doesnt specify who how or where

and they

I used to work in customer services for EE many years ago. If I dealt with a complaint with the same outlines as described here, I would most likely refuse a replacement on the grounds that the phone was likely damaged rather than faulty. Obviously, I would try and take into account all the variables in the situation, but the most likely cause in the situation such as this is that it was an accidental damage (even if the user wasn't aware exactly how they damaged it). 

That said, if someone had subsequently got an independent report advising that it was indeed a fault with the phone which must have been inherant since the point of purchase then there would have been no argument from me. Immediate repair/replacement and refund for cost of obtaining report. So do what DX100uk says, that seems the best course of action. Without it you would be on an impossible task convincing anyone it was not accidently damaged. 

does this damage emanate from the area of the RHS on/off button i wonder?

dx

and they