Problem with Marquis Motorhomes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m obviously not the first person and probably won’t be the last who has had a problem with after sales service with Marquis Motorhomes, Ipswich.

Amongst other problems with our Benimar Motorhomes we bought as new from a Marquis back at the end of 2017,

I am having a battle with them about a faulty bed control panel which Marquis has said time and time again they replaced at the beginning of November 2018.

After this date we received 2 emails from one of their office workers saying that the bed control panel was now in and would we like to book a date to have it fitted.

This raised alarm bells especially when the existing control panel was still faulty.

Due to serious ill health I have only just recently been able to contact Marquis about this issue.

They still said back in June that the control panel HAD been replaced.

I have this in writing.

Recently the Branch Manager has told me that there was no record of this replacement! 

When we purchased the Motorhome we were told by Marquis’ representative that there was a 3 year warranty, which is what made me get in touch with a Marquis regarding the control panel before the warranty was due to expire at the end of this year.

I have now been told that there was only a 2 year warranty on the vehicle!

On checking our paperwork including Terms and Conditions this wasn’t actually quoted anywhere.

My argument with Marquis is that they should replace the control panel under warranty as they were supposed to have done back in November 2018 when the warranty was still running. Any advise anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Barbie2 said:

I’m obviously not the first person and probably won’t be the last who has had a problem with after sales service with Marquis Motorhomes, Ipswich. Amongst other problems with our Benimar Motorhomes we bought as new from a Marquis back at the end of 2017, I am having a battle with them about a faulty bed control panel which Marquis has said time and time again they replaced at the beginning of November 2018. After this date we received 2 emails from one of their office workers saying that the bed control panel was now in and would we like to book a date to have it fitted. This raised alarm bells especially when the existing control panel was still faulty. Due to serious ill health I have only just recently been able to contact Marquis about this issue. They still said back in June that the control panel HAD been replaced. I have this in writing. Recently the Branch Manager has told me that there was no record of this replacement! When we purchased the Motorhome we were told by Marquis’ representative that there was a 3 year warranty, which is what made me get in touch with a Marquis regarding the control panel before the warranty was due to expire at the end of this year. I have now been told that there was only a 2 year warranty on the vehicle! On checking our paperwork including Terms and Conditions this wasn’t actually quoted anywhere. My argument with Marquis is that they should replace the control panel under warranty as they were supposed to have done back in November 2018 when the warranty was still running. Any advise anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

We will be very happy to try and help you with this but what I hope you can see how difficult it is to read the very long solid block of text which you have posted.

I'm afraid it tends to discourage people from giving you the enthusiastic support but they might normally so please would you post your story spaced and punctuated so that it is easier to read on a computer screen.

Thanks

post spaced 

forget any warranty

not worth the paper it's written on

your weapon is consumer LAW 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

One of the problems that people have had dealing with this company is that the issue has generally involved the entire motorhome. this means that the value of the dispute has been well beyond the small claims limit which makes it risky to take on a company like this.

we have found that the attitude of this company seems to be particularly obstructive and non consumer facing.

Your issue seems to be be much smaller and it may be an opportunity to give a good slap to this company.

what is the value of this bed control unit including installation?

also, you say that there are other problems which you have had with this motorhome.

What are those problems and what would be their value including the value of repair

Edited by BankFodder