CEL 2017 ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - Burger King, West Forest Gate, Wokingham, RG40 2AT *** Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Today I've received a 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION - CLAIM FOR DEBT' from Civil Enforcement Limited for a supposed breach of parking 32 months ago. They haven't provided me any evidence to my address which I've lived at and been registered to for the past 24 months. 

They have sent me a form to reply to which is asking for name, address, contact number, email and to comment whether I owe the debt, i am getting debt advice and another section where i can ask them for further documents or information. 

At this stage I cannot confirm that I had parked at this premises. Being a Burger King I have visited with the children in the past when I lived in Wokingham.

Seeking advice of next steps please?

1 Date of the infringement

04/12/2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

Unknown

3 Date received

03/08/2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Unknown

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

None provided

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/A

7 Who is the parking company?

Civil Enforcement Limited

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Burger King, West Forest Gate, Wokingham, RG40 2AT

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

None

send them a single letter telling them that you deny that you were involved and that you won't be paying anything that you will see them in court.

Send them a second letter separate containing an sar

Keep the first letter short. Minimum narrative

• Like 1

Thank you for your prompt response. Do you have reference to the SAR document template? Thank you!

But also, if I ask for a DSAR, I think need to provide them with my contact details or shall I just input my address which they posted to?

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL 2017 ANPR PCN - Burger King, West Forest Gate, Wokingham, RG40 2AT - First contact 32 months since 'breach of terms'

pers i'd send them an ericsbrother snotty insulting letter in many like threads here already.

and yes an SAR. but do that separate. click SAR

you are lucky they sent the PAPLOC to your present address.

their typical game is to send everything to your old address

and attain a backdoor CCJ.

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ericsbrother is a familiar member here in the parking forum

use our search top right 

snotty insulting letter CEL

PAPLOC.....you have received one.

pre action protocol letter of claim

and the reply pack.

but you dont use any of it

but you must reply within 30 days

plenty of CEL threads here to read up on.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How's this?

To whom it concerns, I am in receipt of your letter dated the 3rd August 2020 and have noted its contents.

You state that I should consider this to be a letter before action. Unfortunately for you I cannot accept this shoddily thrown together piece of tripe to be a LBA as it fails miserably to come anywhere near an LBA as required under the revised Civil Procedure Regulations and so would expect a court to summarily dismiss any claim later made by you or your client on that basis.

So, to make sure that there is no misunderstanding, I deny that any monies are owed to Civil Enforcement Limited by myself. The same applies to the inflated amount of the claim, the POFA and contract law are very clear on this point and again plenty of examples of dismissed claims are in the public domain.

Your fondness for misquoting the decision of PE v Beavis makes it look like you have never read the full judgement but like the other ‘rent a threat’ see it as a panacea for justifying any old codswallop you care to trot out.

It’s not wise or in the interests of Civil Enforcement Limited to continue with this matter as they have no cause for action, and I shall seek a full cost recovery order for any civil claim made under the unreasonableness criteria.

Good grief, you're quick!

Looks good to me.  Just cut out the little bit "or your client" as the original letter was to solicitors.  Address it to "Dear Ashley".  Personally I would add at the end of your first line "Note that my new address is xxxxx" just to make absolutely sure they don't issue a court claim to your old address.  Presumably you didn't get the initial rubbish they sent out due to moving.

Both for this letter and the SAR get free Certificates of Posting from the post office. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hehehe, i dont like to sit on things!!!

So I've made the changes you suggested.

On another forum, they advised emailing all of this to not waste any further of my time.

Do you have any objections to emailing this letter and the DSAR?

I know it's a hell of a long time ago, but do you still have proof of payment to Burger King on bank statements?  If so, as well as the snotty letter and the SAR, it might still be worth writing to Burger King (CEO level) pointing out that you were a genuine customer and you demand they tell CEL to cancel.   You went there with your kids and didn't expect demands for £160 (or however much it is) as a result of the lot of you spending money there.  

The problem with e-mail is that, if the matter ever did come to court, they could e-mail you their documentation one minute before the deadline and catch you out.  That's why we always recommend snail mail with the fleecers so they can't do that.

By all means e-mail Burger King though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Sar hidden

what does it say in red at the top??

and they

Never use email but letter looks good, Civil Entrapment are a greedy shower.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you need to edit that response as it was sent to a bunch of lawyers acting as debt collectors. so drop the bit about rentathreats.

I would add the salutation

Dear Ashley,

it is no use trying to hide, we all know it is you writing this garbage.....

reason for thi is that a person well known in parking world isnt listed as having a controlling interest in the company contrary to Company Law

The SAR reply should include the initial letters they sent you, telling you what you did "wrong".

Hopefully the snotty letter will produce a deafening silence from them.

keep any documents or evidence though in case Ashley is daft enough to send a Claimform next year when he thinks you have forgotten about it.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

Hi Community, me again!

So they responded to my DSAR I sent on 18th Aug, They responded on the 9th Sept. They haven't responded to my snotty letter yet.

In summary of the DSAR.

Offence date: 4th Dec 2017
Offence: Exceeded maximum 60 minutes free parking

Fine: £100 or £60 within 14 days

First letter date: 02/07/2018

First PCN letter date: 02/07/2018

(this is 8 months post offence date)

Second letter date: 05/09/2018 (wrong address)

Letter stating price has gone up to £140 and if not paid, will be passed to collection agents.

Third letter date: 31/01/2020 (wrong address)

ZZPS Limited debt collector. Price has now gone to £170.

Fourth letter date: 14/02/2020

ZZPS Limited debt collector. Price remains at £170

Fifth and final letter which was sent to my correct address:  03/08/2020
CEL, letter before court action 

They are NOT Fines,.

no at this stage you should be finding the original planning permission granted by the council that wont say 1hrs free parking

it will be 2 or 3 hrs.

and no-one can change that.

also check CEL have been granted planning permission for their signs, anpr cameras and the poles both are on too.

they wont!!

get up on the relevant councils webportal and get the info.

and they