Help needed with problem cooker purchase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Particulars? 
I don’t have a copy of the initial form I submitted to court I am afraid, 

although it was very brief,

stating when and where purchased, the price £250.

that I would like a refund of the amount paid, 

that as previously stated in the letter, I wasn’t happy with the product and I didn’t feel it was fit for purpose, 

that the wires melted and nearly caught fire

i am sorry if this isn’t the correct information, this is why I need help!

i do not understand how court works and what is involved 

many thanks

Ellen 

When they came to collect it and repair and returned it.....the engineer himself disconnected and reconnected ? 

Below is the DQ which you will have to file if you wish for the claim to proceed......you will be required to pay an hearing fee later in the process as the court will advise in their Notice of Allocation one you have submitted the form.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes once you submit the above this allocates the claim to smalls claim track and transfer's the claim to your local county court.You will then receive further notification (Notice of Allocation N157) with the courts directions on what both parties must do next......Submit a witness statement and any evidence ...documents. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Its your choice whether to opt for mediation as per the N180...the courts expect both parties to participate...but its your choice...if you feel that there is nothing to mediate over and you simply require a full refund....which they may offer in mediation...otherwise state no.

• 3 weeks later...

You said you had 3 days left to submit the DQ on 2nd Nov...the DQ you had already recieved.

Yes I’ve returned a form n180

i had to agree to proceed with small claims track, 

however

when do I submit evidence? Or send photographs or relevant information to back up my case?

Morning, I have just received an appointment for mediation. So I need to prepare for my case over the phone.

I’ve just looked at a sample N157 and no! I haven’t received that 

you don't exchange witness statement until it is allocated to a court and you get notification.

as andyorch's post around #31

you indicated yes to mediation on your N180 return?

and you've received the defendants N180 indicating the same?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I’ve just looked at a sample N157 and no! I haven’t received that 

You will shortly....that informs you what you have to do next and by what date.

I would advise you read some other users topics who have instigated a court claim to familiarise yourself with the process so you will be aware what could possibly happen. Its obvious form the questions you are asking you have not bothered to look.

Andy