VCS ANPR PCN - No Stopping - Bristol Airport - should I appeal?

Hi,

So I recieved a Charge Notice (CN) Notice to Keeper (NTK)

for

)46 Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited. I had to answer an emergency call. Should I appeal?

1 Date of the infringement: 20.7.2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date 23.07.2020

3 Date received 25/07/2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? Not yet

7 Who is the parking company? VCS

8. Where exactly? Bristol Airport

I have until Thursday to appeal the £60 fine.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Jules

7 minutes ago, jleviit said:

I had to answer an emergency call.

Can you clarify that please? Do you work for one the Emergency services - police, ambulance etc - and this was a call connected to your employment?

Hello and welcome to CAG. The forum regulars should be along with more advice later.

The first thing is don't ever appeal, it could make things more complicated. I know these things are dressed up to look official, but it isn't a fine, we call it a speculative invoice. If I say the private parking companies are run by ex-clampers, does that make this letter seem different to you?

Please bear with us and do nothing for now. People will advise more fully as soon as they're able to get here. :)

Best, HB

• Like 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

The airport has its own Byelaws.

The land is not covered by the Protection of Freedoms Regs so as long as you do not identify who the driver was, they cannot take you to Court as the keeper though they will threaten you into believing that they can. J

ust ignore them altogether.

You will receive letters from unregulated debt collectors steadily escalating the so called debt.

Eventually they realise that as they have not heard from you, they start playing mister nice guy and offer you a much reduced price.

That would be considerate if you actually owed them any money but as you  don't it is still daylight robbery.

If you read other threads on here about stopping in airports  [they are all governed by Byelaws] you will see what a bunch of crooks you are dealing with.

Sometimes they may decide to stupidly send you a  Letter before Action

-do not ignore that but come back and we will advise you to send a snotty letter to send them on their way.

Just keep all their letters and scary on with your life forgetting all about VCS.

• Like 2
  • dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - No Stopping - Bristol Airport - should I appeal?

Simple Simon has lost most if not all defended airport claims, and he will conflate Driver with keeper, appealing as mentiond by lookedinforinfo identifies the driver, so not a good idea.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

For reference, here are the Bylaws for Bristol Airport. Parking is covered at section 6 on page 11. Oddly, they don't mention sub contractors that enforce parking restrictions.... Can't think why 😀

Bristol Airport Byelaws 11062018.pdf

• Like 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

basically we say dont appeal because if you do they will reject it and think you are likely to belive their lies and pay up if pressured enough.

You may also drop yourself in it by using the wrong language in your appeal so let them waste their money chasing you for the moment. There are dozens of airport parking threads and they all have the same thing in common, VCS have no right to demand a bean but they will keep trying.