VCS spycar? PCN Claimform- No Stopping - Bristol Airport*** Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a Charge Notice (CN) Notice to Keeper (NTK) for )46 Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited. I had to answer an emergency call. Should I appeal?

1 Date of the infringement: 20.7.2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date 23.07.2020

3 Date received 25/07/2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? Not yet

7 Who is the parking company? VCS

8. Where exactly? Bristol Airport

I have until Thursday to appeal the £60 invoice.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Jules

Hello and welcome to CAG. The forum regulars should be along with more advice later.

The first thing is don't ever appeal, it could make things more complicated. I know these things are dressed up to look official, but it isn't a fine, we call it a speculative invoice. If I say the private parking companies are run by ex-clampers, does that make this letter seem different to you?

Please bear with us and do nothing for now. People will advise more fully as soon as they're able to get here. :)

Best, HB

• Like 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

The airport has its own Byelaws.

The land is not covered by the Protection of Freedoms Regs so as long as you do not identify who the driver was, they cannot take you to Court as the keeper though they will threaten you into believing that they can.

Just ignore them altogether.

You will receive letters from unregulated debt collectors steadily escalating the so called debt.

Eventually they realise that as they have not heard from you, they start playing mister nice guy and offer you a much reduced price.

That would be considerate if you actually owed them any money but as you  don't it is still daylight robbery.

If you read other threads on here about stopping in airports  [they are all governed by Byelaws] you will see what a bunch of crooks you are dealing with.

Sometimes they may decide to stupidly send you a  Letter before Action

-do not ignore that but come back and we will advise you to send a snotty letter to send them on their way.

Just keep all their letters and scary on with your life forgetting all about VCS.

• Like 2

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - No Stopping - Bristol Airport - should I appeal?

Simple Simon has lost most if not all defended airport claims, and he will conflate Driver with keeper, appealing as mentiond by lookedinforinfo identifies the driver, so not a good idea.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

For reference, here are the Bylaws for Bristol Airport. Parking is covered at section 6 on page 11. Oddly, they don't mention sub contractors that enforce parking restrictions.... Can't think why 😀

Bristol Airport Byelaws 11062018.pdf

• Like 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

we say dont appeal because if you do they will reject it and think you are likely to belive their lies and pay up if pressured enough.

You may also drop yourself in it by using the wrong language in your appeal so let them waste their money chasing you for the moment. There are dozens of airport parking threads and they all have the same thing in common, VCS have no right to demand a bean but they will keep trying.

• 8 months later...

In my Previous post I explained what I received the VCS for. I have been receiving notices over the past year and ignoring them. I think now I should have kept them but I stupidly threw them all out. 

This morning I received a new notice Claim From (attached).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jules

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

upload removed we dont need it

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN Claimform- No Stopping - Bristol Airport - should I appeal?

Did you receive a Letter Before Claim/Letter Before Action before Simple Simon decided to sue you?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

11 hours ago, lookinforinfo said:

I do hope that you kept the first PCN or the NTK as it is also called. Could you please post it up, remembering to remove your name address and reg. number but retaining the dates and times .

I know it is foolish of me but no I didnt :(

Well they will have to show a copy of your PCN when they send you their WS but it would be better retaining documents that may be required in a trial.

The airport is covered by the Airports Act so PoFA does not apply as the land is not relevant land as described by PoFA.

Name of the Claimant :Vehicle Control Services Limited, Unit P1, Europe Link, Sheffield Business Park, Sheffield, S9 1XU

Claimants Solicitors: Edmund Shoreman-Lawson

Date of issue – 30 April 2021

Date for AOS - 18 May 2021

Date to submit Defence - 1 June 2021

What is the claim for – 

1.The claim is for a breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land.

2.The Defendant's vehicle **** ***, was identified in the Bristol Airport on the 20/07/2020 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited.

3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 

4. the terms and conditions upon entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

The Claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.

What is the value of the claim?

Amount Claimed £160

court fees £25

legal rep fees  £50

Total Amount £235

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

…………...

dx

• Like 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS spycar? PCN Claimform- No Stopping - Bristol Airport

and they

So I am in the process of stating my defence. I have seen your template which states " It is denied that the Defendant parked in Bristol Airport at the times ..." My claim is about 'stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited'. Do I admit I stopped and then state that it was due to an emergency phone call that I had to answer? Or do I just deny I stopped? Also, is it relevant that I wasnt actually driving at the time?

Edited by jleviit

26 minutes ago, jleviit said:

Also, is it relevant that I wasnt actually driving at the time?

Yes, of course it is.  Why didn't you mention this before?  It seems that Simple Simon is suing the wrong person.

So do I take it VCS are suing you, as you are registered keeper?  But you weren't driving?

Hang fire for a minute with the template, as the Site Team are actually in the middle of updating it.  I'll post up a suggested defence when I get a minute this evening.  Please answer the above though regarding who was driving.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jleviit said:

Do I admit I stopped and then state that it was due to an emergency phone call that I had to answer? Or do I just deny I stopped?

you most def do not do either at this stage

• Like 1

and they

You should file something like this -

1.  The Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle].

2.  It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant.

3.  In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant.

4.  The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 

5.  The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

Points (2) & (3) are catch-alls, they can be fleshed out at WS stage to include bye-laws, prohibition, you not being the driver, etc.

I see you have till 1 June to file the defence, so don't do it now, hang on and see if others suggest to tweak the above.  Don't file at the very last minute though, in case MCOL has a hissy fit! 

Edited by FTMDave
Major balls up by me
  • Like 1