Moorcroft Debt Recovery and vodafone debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My cousin has received a letter from the above. 

They have been requested by Vodafone to collect the outstanding amount. 

There is no amount listed on the letter. 

They are telephoning her  daily as well. 

The mobile in question was taken out for a 'family member' who assured her it would be paid regularly.

We think this hasn't been the case, hence why they are now contacting her. 

She realizes she has been very silly in signing a credit agreement for a third party and I have made her aware that Vodafone or Moorcroft would not be interested in that information. 

They are there to collect the outstanding amount and are not interested in the details.

The figure she thinks they mentioned on the phone is around £1300. 

Would a mobile company allow a bill to go so high? 

Why would it not be cut off prior to it getting to that amount? 

My cousin is a pensioner and hasn't got that money available. 

The third party has agreed it will need paying but hasn't got that amount of money either. 

My cousin is now frightened to answer the phone as she doesn't know if Moorcroft are on the end of the phone. 

This hassle isn't something a 70 year old woman should have to deal with.

I am going to have to help deal with this and wondered which way is the best. 

Would a SAR be any good in the circumstances or should I just ask for an income and expenditure statement? 

As my cousin has signed the paperwork I would have to put her income and expenditure on the form as it is in her name. 

The third party has agreed to pay her whatever monthly amount is agreed. 

That agreement has been voiced to me as well so now I know, I am sure it will be adhered to.

I just want to get it sorted so a payment plan can be set up. 

Third party has been told it has to be paid. 

My cousin has been told not to ever lend anyone another penny or sign anything for anyone ever.

Is it in my cousins best interest to get this payment as low as possible so in the event the third party misses a payment or is late, she is able to cover it?

Any help anyone can give will be gratefully appreciated.  Thank you.

• dx100uk changed the title to Moorcroft Debt Recovery and vodafone debt

well she is safe to IGNORE moorcroft

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt , no matter what its type.

as with any DCA.

IMHO it's not her problem to setup a repayment planr

and i doubt she signed any credit agreement with Voda.

easiest was might be to get her and the person she got the voda account for to WRITE to voda accepting it's his debt and get the account transferred to his name.

rather than her being further involved at all.

have you checked her credit files not been trashed??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100uk.  Unfortunately the credit file has plummeted.  Gone from excellent to poor.

I can't confirm how much she has spoke to them.  As she blocks one number, they pop up again on a different one.  She did tell third party that they had been on to her and I believe a payment has been made by said third party.  Don't know if this is true or not.  I only have third party promise to my cousin.  

Without engaging with these people I have little knowledge of previous contact, amount of debt or paperwork.  That was what made me think an SAR would possibly? give me the info I need.  My cousin has acknowledged she was very stupid to take out the contract in her name for the phone but took the promise to pay in good faith.

Safe to say, she wont be doing it again and said third party wont be asking again.  Do you think the letter would be sufficient and they would listen?

Thanks for your help.

i have know voda to accept a contract name change in similar situations and the credit file clearance too.

as long as the accepting party signs the declaration that it was taken out upon their behalf and they now accept full responsibility for the contract.

just ignore powerless moorcroft deal directly with voda, bearing in mind voda are their clients so are responsible for the dca's actions too and remind them of that too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...