Ebay Trader - i Cancelled item within 20 minutes - but they say already dispatched!

shortwoman68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a weight exercise bench around 10.20pm which I thought was foldable as this is the information I placed in the search engine. 

After double checking I realised that it was not foldable and requested a cancellation.

I was then sent a message at 03:50 stating that the seller was unable to cancel the item as it has been dispatched. 

I am very angry at this as I don't believe that the seller did not see the message to cancel. 

I have also realised that as the card I used was my partners and he does not have a paypal account, the seller may not refund the money for this item. 

I am tempted not to accept this item however if I do not I would not be able to return it. 

I have already contacted the bank who states that my partner would need to speak to the seller.

Any help please?

Was this a private seller or an eBay trader?

Well in principle you take the benefit of the distance selling rules – but on the other hand if the "eBay trader" is simply a small one-person business then you may have difficulty in enforcing this.

You might have expected some help from PayPal and it's a shame that you abandoned that system because although there are lots of criticisms of PayPal – at the end of the day they can be pretty good and anyway when you deal on eBay it's really one of the few protections which are available.

As the eBay trader a big company and are they based in the UK?

tell the seller it wont be accepted and you expect a refund

suspect that the seller is a drop-shipper so all they have done is ordered the thing from someone else, probably in China and dont know how to stop the order themselves without losing money.

Tough., their problem, not yours.

I wouldnt accept delivery  becasue it will cost YOU money to return it under ebay rules, refusal costs you nothing. let the carrier knwo you are refusing delivery if you can or they may just leave it with a  neighbour.