style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

I haven’t yet received my banding as we have moved into a new build in June. The street is HA Built and res ted, consisting of a mixture of 2 bed 2 storey, 3 Bed 2 Storey and there’s four 3 bed 3 storey - which is one of the ones we are in.

ive noticed on the website that all the street are B except one of the 3 storey which has been designated a C banding. The other three 3 storey are not yet banded. I will assume that they will be automatically assigned as a C also. 

my query is how are the bandings derived as such. As our houses are the same would the banding be the same? We are on the end at the start of the culdisac and I think our property is different and if we are automatically assigned a C based on the others then it’s a little unfair.

our garden is a lot smaller than the others and we are next to a public car park, which is less desirable than the others. The rental costs are the same between all 3 beds despite allegedly the 3 storeys being valued 5k more. The only benefit we have is our drive is side by side instead of front to back. 

I know I can appeal but are properties looked at individually or a cluster?

thanks

Edited by flexeh

theroetically they are looked at individually but only inasfar as the measurements of the living space goes so a 3 bed 3 storey migh be in the same band as the "smaller" houses if the rooms are considerable smaller. What you need to look at is how are other properties of the same size in the borough banded as they will be the proper comparison. Ignore the new builds, they are all in the same boat as you and may well all  be adjusted if appeals are made on just one of them