My new debit card was cancelled by my bank because it had been sent to the wrong address and somebody opened my post and contacted the bank and said I did not live there.   I had told the bank my new address but their systems went wrong and sent it to the old address.   They are sending me a new one but in the meantime I can’t use my old debit card as they have cancelled that too.   Does anyone know if it’s legal to open someone’s post and contact the sender?