Barclaycard Claim

Digarch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a correspondence from Barclaycard regarding a claim for unfair charges on my credit card and here's their response:

"Thank you for your recent letter, your details have been passed to me in order that I may respond in my capacity as Customer Relationship Manager.

I am sorry you feel the charges you have incurred are unfair. We believe that our charges are both fair and transparent, and we make them clear in our Terms and Conditions, and on the reverse of every monthly statement.

Putting the above to one side, as a goodwill gesture and without any admission of liability, I am prepared to credit your account with 80 pounds.

May I take this opportunity to remind you that the best way to avoid similar charges in the future is to remain within your credit limit and ensure that your monthly payment reaches us with the required timeframe.

Should you have any further questions regarding this matter please do not hesitate to contact me. If my reply does not meet with your expectations you may ultimately be eligible to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Further details of this service are available on request. If I have not heard from you within 8 weeks from the date of this letter, I will close my complaint file in accordance with our usual practice. "

How do you recommend I respond to this letter since my claim is over 200 pounds and they're only offering to pay 80 pounds, should I proceed with legal proceedings?

yes - don't let them off so easily!

Alliance & Leicester MBNA Credit Card

Data Protection Act letter sent 3 July 2006.

Incomplete list of charges received 12 August 2006

Requested repayment of charges 10 November 2006

LBA sent 24 November 2006

Estimated £4650 in fines and interest.

Barclaycard

Data Protection Act letter sent 3 July 2006.

Incomplete statements sent 9 July 2006

Requested repayment of charges 14 August 2006

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Estimated £468 in fines and interest.

Initiated claim at MCOL 20 September 2006

Claiming £615.47 including fines & interest, s69 interest and costs

Claim acknowledged 10 October 2006

Defence filed 20 October 2006

Settled in full £640 total. 14 December 2006

Vodafone

Requested Default Notice removed 10 July 2006

Received letter agreeing to request 10 August 2006

Have you sent them a preliminary letter and LBA? If so you're ready for the court claim stage.

There is a rejection of offer letter in the library which basically says you are rejecting the offer of £80 in full and final settlement of your claim, but accept it in part settlement and will pursue them in court for the rest.

I need help, barclayscard sent the response to my LBA with an offer to pay 80 pounds out of a claim of 254 pounds just in time before the 14 day period. How do I respond, do i still proceed with the small claims online or should I wait for their response to my rejection of offer letter? Thanks

You should accept the partial settlement and continue with you claim against them. I am at the same stage as you and have just today received the identical letter albeit with different sums involved. I found it strange that they said that I said the charges were unfair. Never mentioned the actual word that I mentioned was UNLAWFUL. Did you see their charges are TRANSPARENT! according to both of our letters.

The quicker we get the court claim under way the quicker we will be fully paid out.

Let me know how you proceed.

ds

Read this, the Information Commissioner have told Barclaycrud they are in breach of DPA and to comply with SARs and are encouraging those microfished to persue Barclaycrud for damages.

I wonder if we should include this action in with our action to reclaim charges etc?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/50152-barclaycard-microfiche-they-wrong.html