• Tweets

• I suggest that you write to the breeder immediately with a copy to the court and concede the cost of the puppy and also concede the excess costs for bringing that element of the claim. you will simply be conceding two points which frankly I don't think you can possibly win and it means that you're left with claims which are entirely winnable. Moreover the gesture of having written to the breeder making these concessions will show that you have tried hard to avoid litigation  and trouble and inconvenience to the court. even if the breeder refuses it, it will go to your credit that you have done this.    
    • Thank you. At this point I'm not sure how right or wrong I am.    But based on our conversation this evening I have gone back to the breeder via message and pointed out to them that I offer them one final chance to settle at 900 pounds.    They informed me their vets only said this treatment would cost 500. The same vets who don't notice a puppy who cant open his eyes.    And they are willing to settle at 500 as a gesture of good will. Ha! And this is why they wanted to mediate  to put this offer over. I advised that we wouldn't take less than 900 as a settlement. They arent interested.   I had to be quick as the money we used is our savings for some private health treatment we need to back in our banks by next month so really left me no choice but to bite the bullet and try and get this solved sooner rather than later     I appreciate your advice and hope the courts understand the full picture. 
    • Sorry for the additional post, I couldn't edit.   In Nolans letter uploaded in post #48, is that sufficient NOA? or does it have to be provided by the OC or Cabot?
    • After a brief consultation, the Financial Conduct Authority has now confirmed the tailored support measures for overdraft and consumer credit users affected by Covid-19. View the full article
    • Don't bother with the police. It won't get you anywhere and it's just a load of hassle. Your target will be Hermes. Get screenshots and evidence of everything and monitor this thread for a  fuller reply tomorrow   Please tell us more information. The value of the parcel, it's contents,  and dates
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Capquest ignored my CCA request - TSB Debt.

I made a formal request for them to prove it,

during this time, they finally stopped harassing me,

however kept asking me to provide the very documentation I've asked them to provide proof of.

They have come back just before the end of the 2 month time frame in which I officially complained about them failing to produce the CCA, stating they are refusing to uphold my complaint and are still waiting to hear back from TSB with a copy of the CCA, they claim in the letter that they have a record of a call in which I claim to be aware of the balance and I had an intention to start making payments.

I have SAR'd them to find out the basis of this, if they don't have a recording I presume its not enforceable as evidence?

My argument would be I would have presumed this was another debt I had ongoing at the time, which I am currently in a payment plan for.

In their response they did however admit their contact was harassing and offered a £100 cheque in compensation for this.

I have simply responded with a separate SAR and don't know where to go if they are ignoring my CCA request?

Should I go the ombudsman now?

When did you send them the sar?

Today after further reading around here.

Should I give them a chance to respond to the SAR so I know what info they have?

Is this the point of divergence so to speak?

• dx100uk changed the title to Capquest ignored my CCA request - TSB Debt.

i wouldn't bother with an SAR.

if you sent a CCA REQUEST and they've not complied within 12+2 working days.

simply ignore them till they comply.

a telephone call is NOT admittance.

when did you last pay/use the credit

and what type of credit was it?

when did you take it out?

and stop talking on the phone about any debt.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY DEBT , no matter what it's type

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

TSB standard Credit Card

last used I presume around March 16 before the May 2016 default, would have took it out the year before.

My concern about ignoring them is, they added the debt to my credit file AFTER I asked them to prove it, so at a stage were I cant really ignore?

they didn't..a dca cant add anything to a credit file.

TSB would have and capquest inherited the entry upon sale.

just because a debt is on your file, doesn't mean it's enforceable. 

await the CCA return.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Arrow Global added the balance to my credit file on April 20th 2020 after me sending the prove it letter, it wasnt showing up until then? 

As for the CCA return this is my point, the allotted time frame for them to present me with it has expired, and they have failed to do so, so what should I do? 

Then as already said you ignore them until they do.

capquest are arrows..just a trading name of the group.

Debt will show till the defaults 6ths birthday.

Then vanish from your file

Next time

For get useless prove it letter tennis

Simply send a cca request.

and they

Apologies, I use the terminology flippantly. I have sent them the cca request. They are choosing to ignore it. I have took heed of your advice many thanks.

:rockon:

and they

• 3 weeks later...

They have responded to my SAR by asking me to confirm my name, DOB and address, I'm curious if I should or not?

Also if I cashed a cheque they gave me in view of settling a complaint, I would not be admitting liability for the debt would I, and the request for the CCA would still stand? They have gone silent since their last mail out on this subject.

You mean TSB have responded asking you for proof of identity ? That would be perfectly normal and fine 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Apologies, chain of events is

- none stop harassment for a few months over an old unknown/unaware debt

- Complained to capquest due to harassment and asking them to prove it with CCA

- Capquest admitted harassment and issued cheque for compensation considering the matter closed, but also said they were still looking for the CCA, but asked me for a copy if I had it

- radio silence since the cheque was issued and i'm wondering if they are waiting for me to cash it to apportion liability for the debt?

this has been ongoing for months, and I wanted a speedier resolution than waiting 2 years for it to disappear off my credit file, hence why I actioned the CCA req myself etc.

cant hurt you.

how the beep can compo be admittance of any debt?

dx

and they

I was worried it would be another long battle trying to unravel a settlement as admittance is all, apologies if the question seems somewhat airheaded, but these are the original shysters this lot are they not

The original creditor, if they are asking for proof of identity, you should provide it, so that they can give you an SAR.  Capquest, though who are the DCA, certainly not.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread