BA cancelled flights but not Travel Agency?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

My friend had a week in Majorca booked for the end of August with 'Voyage'. BA cancelled the flights but Voyage won't offer a change to the dates for the hotel booking..

if he cancels, he loses the 30% deposit.
After 29th July goes up to 50%.
He has until Tuesday to cancel or pay the next instalment / rest of deposit?
He has until tomorrow.

Thoughts, please?

Pay the balance then get a refund or alternative booking.

https://www.voyagertraveldirect.co.uk/travel-news/

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you, Andy.

my friend is very appreciative but says ‘Voyage Prive are not offering amendments on the booking. Also if I pay the balance, I'll lose all the money for the booking. ( if I cancel )
My options are very limited.‘

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

From my friend:

’but they haven't actually broke any rules / laws, unless it is illegal to offer an amendment to the booking.
It's more of a discretion issue I suppose. 
If they cancel the booking, then I'd be covered, but as it stands, people can still travel to Majorca ( though God knows why they'd want to!!? )‘

DO NOT CANCEL, NO MATTER WHAT

The tour operator needs to cancel your package holiday. If you cancel by your own accord instead you lose your money.

The tour operator may only make changes to your package which are considered "insignificant". 

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/regulation/11

You already have written evidence that your flight has been cancelled. The tour operator is in obligation to provide you with another flight from the same location at a similar time using a similar airline. If they cannot provide this they owe you either a change to a similar or better holiday package or a full refund, the choice being fully yours.

State clearly to the tour operator that you have written evidence that your flight does no longer operate, show them the evidence.

State clearly that you do expect them to disclose the alternative arrangements they have made for you so you can make sure that no "significant" changes have been made.

As you have been advised already, settling your balance would be the least confrontational way to proceed. However you should only do this if you are prepared to go on that holiday, shall the tour operator magically be able provide you with a similar package that you can't legally refuse.

If you do not intend to go on holiday, do not settle the balance. State clearly that you have no intention to cancel but also no intention to pay, until the alternative flight details have been revealed to you and you have full confidence that the travel package regulations have been respected by providing you with the package you originally purchased with no significant change.

Do get your friend to consult this website instead of relying on you. They're the ones who are going to have to fight this. There is no magic solution you will need to arm yourself with patience.

Tour groups are trying to pressure people into cancelling their trips so they can legally pocket your deposits. Do let them get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1