guaranteed rent estate agents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been renting my buy to let house to an agency for the past 3 years and gave notice beginning of November, as required, for the 3 month notice.  I am now asking what stage is the process at and when will the tenants be moved on, and now nobody is responding to my calls and emails at all.  The lovely chap who I signed with initially had assured me there will be no problems getting my house back as I explained to him I had been 'through the ringer' with previous tenants and courts, legal fees etc. and now am very ill and want to sell my property but nobody answering me, and notice given 3 months before lockdown, so shouldn't be any issues, but seems everyone gone quiet on me and I'm worried that the council tenants have not even been given notice.  

I have been renting my buy to let house to an agency for the past 3 years and gave notice beginning of November, as required, for the 3 month notice. 

I am now asking what stage is the process at and when will the tenants be moved on, and now nobody is responding to my calls and emails at all. 

The lovely chap who I signed with initially had assured me there will be no problems getting my house back as I explained to him I had been 'through the ringer' with previous tenants and courts, legal fees etc.
and now am very ill and want to sell my property but nobody answering me, and notice given 3 months before lockdown,

so shouldn't be any issues, but seems everyone gone quiet on me.

I'm worried that the council tenants have not even been given notice.  

Does anybody have any experience with the 'guarantee rent' agencies?

Hi WGA,

Your post has been edited to make it easier to read. Please don't post in large blocks of text.

Did you give notice to the tenant, or did you tell the agents you wanted them to give notice ?

Have you communicated in writing so you have a paper trail of your attempts to give notice ?

What's the name of the agent involved ? It may be useful to send the agent a DSAR but answer the Q's first please.

Keep everything in writing only.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Good morning and apologies for the large post.

Yes, I gave the required 3 month notice to the Estate Agents as they required

Yes there is a paper trail as sent notice by registered post

Elliot Leigh Estate Agents

Thank you for your response, I've received an email as below

'The tenant has not vacated the property despite being served an NTQ which expired when your contract expired. The lockdown has meant that there has been a reduced number of  properties that have been available or the tenant to move into and the local authority will not initiate proceedings until the tenant has refused an offer.   

All eviction are currently on hold until the 23.08.20 when a review will be completed by government to confirm if they can recommence. Once we know we will need to discuss and seek instruction on what action steps will be taken to give you vacant possession.'

Does this mean I just have to wait and does the tenant have the right to refuse entry to possible buyers or for a valuation, as the tenant has caused big problems in the past not letting my representatives in as urgently need to sell.

If the house is rented to a local authority then they will not be in a hurry to rehouse the tenant.  Council tenants can be rehoused right now it is only physical evictions that have been put on hold.  You also wont get an eviction till you go to court and not sure if they are open for such cases as the moment.  Think you will need to accept that due to the current situation you wont be getting your house back in a hurry and trying to sell it with tenants in that wont move out is going to be impossible.

If your not good with paperwork I would check if you have cover for legal assistance with your Landlords Insurance and get a solicitor onto the case, the Local Authority will also take a bit more notice with a solicitor involved.  They havent even said that they have taken any steps to rehouse their tenants so will drag it out as long as possible.  Afraid you will need legal assistance to stop this dragging out for as long as the LA want it too.  

For your information Royal Mail is no taking signatures on any mail (Still charging for it thought) so best to save the cost and hassle and just send everything by email which is totally acceptable by a court. 

• 1 month later...