Hermes appalling tactics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first let me introduce myself, I'm John and I was told if I join this group you may be able to help me.

I had Hermes do a pick up of an item I bought. When it arrived to me the contents were broken. They were pastels which are art materials and they were in a wooden box and wrapped in bubble wrap etc etc so had numerous layers of protection. I can only say that it must have been severely thrown around as the clasps and tape holding the wooden box lid shut were open/damaged and the contents then spilled out and all the pastels were broken.

i tried to claim online through hermes site .

i got the bot and then a person if i remember rightly and they asked for photo evidence etc.......

i had to go thought this 3 times at least and each time they would come back and say they were on the list of exempt items.

each time i told them  they were not they have just ignored to play dumb and sent me back to the beginning to fill in claim forms again.

it has now gone quiet and i haven't got my refund/item or any way of moving forward.

it is quite simple ...hermes have damaged the item...it is not on the list of exempt items....i want my refund....i have supplied all evidence.

i believe they are making life as difficult as they can in the hope i will tire and give up.

the item was sold to me for £30 and the postage £4.99 i believe.

they know this as i have told them at least 3 times now...

...can anyone help?

DSCN5718.JPG

Hermes use huge heavy grabbing machines that literally crush your items! I have been through this numerous times but got no where. Finally I used RESOLVER and bingo they paid immediately. Don't waste your time and energy on this shocking company. 

Great, good luck with your claim. It can take a while sometimes but even if they refuse you can go through the financial ombudsman automatically as you are now part of Resolver. Keep your eye open for messages from Resolver in your emails.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetRita said:

Great, good luck with your claim. It can take a while sometimes but even if they refuse you can go through the financial ombudsman automatically as you are now part of Resolver. Keep your eye open for messages from Resolver in your emails.

Sorry but this is completely wrong. the financial Ombudsman will only deal with finance complaints and will not deal with complaints relating to Hermes or any other non-financial firm.

I'm afraid that your advice is misleading and unhelpful

I wasn't aware about "spamming" any companies on here!

I assumed that if someone had a similar problem and someone had a solution to help them, then they would be allowed to share that information on a consumer action group!

As for the ombudsman, it was the unmentionables company that advised me to contact the ombudsman to escalate my own complaint. Nothing was done with malicious aforethought but simply to try and help!

• Like 1

but was it the FOS or some other ombudsman?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@Cycling artist of course I do try resolver because it would certainly be a cheap solution if it works. However, over a period of time we have become very disenchanted with resolver and find that their approach is not really sufficiently assertive.

If you don't have any joy with resolver in respect of your present problems with Hermes then come back here and we will suggest another way

15 hours ago, SweetRita said:

I wasn't aware about "spamming" any companies on here!

I assumed that if someone had a similar problem and someone had a solution to help them, then they would be allowed to share that information on a consumer action group!

As for the ombudsman, it was the unmentionables company that advised me to contact the ombudsman to escalate my own complaint. Nothing was done with malicious aforethought but simply to try and help!

Well let's see if a complaint to resolver on this matter produces a result. of course we shall be pleased if it does but we have our doubts. And in any event it will be helpful if you would make sure that the information you post up is accurate because otherwise it is simply unhelpful

you are the customer so the retailer has the problem, not you, unless you paid Hermes directly for the shipping.

The retailer has to get the items to you in a condition that is of " merchantable quality" so your beef is with them and they should be the ones biting Hermes' backsides.

If it was an Ebay purchase then you still contact the seller and use the ebay process for a refund

i would advise against suing hermes as you dont ahve a contract with them  so you will unfortunately lose by dint of not having "locus"

• Sad 1

On 27/07/2020 at 11:01, ericsbrother said:

you are the customer so the retailer has the problem, not you, unless you paid Hermes directly for the shipping.

The retailer has to get the items to you in a condition that is of " merchantable quality" so your beef is with them and they should be the ones biting Hermes' backsides.

If it was an Ebay purchase then you still contact the seller and use the ebay process for a refund

i would advise against suing hermes as you dont ahve a contract with them  so you will unfortunately lose by dint of not having "locus"

Sorry but I have just noticed this and of course it is completely wrong.

you enjoy all the rights of a contracting party under the contracts (rights of third parties) act 1999

• Like 1

Hermes are still playing games even though I am messaging through resolver.

They have AGAIN asked me to fill in the claim forms which I have done twice and now I have complained they are doing this they have responded saying that I need to fill in the forms for a missing parcel...they obviously have no idea what hey are doing. Its my belief still that they are being ignorant and evasive in he hope I just go away!

So...I have again for the third time ,although he first via resolver ,submitted the claim form against the grain but we will see what happens as thats all they keep asking for

resolver is useless.

write royal mail

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think we should stop being negative about Resolver.

They do what they do in a certain way and a lot of the time they are successful.

They have helped me resolve a couple of complaints very effectively and without getting massively assertive.

They aim to 'Resolve' issues with Multi-Nationals and get good results.

The CAG way, to threaten Court action very early on in a dispute, is not always the way to success.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

as far as i've seen resolver gives the companies an easy and cheap way out of a situation.

yes 'it works, but not to the benefit of the consumer.

often one sees postage and/or delivery/collection charges levied upon the consumer over an issue, whereby the consumer loses out and thinks they are getting a good deal, because resolver and the company say so!!

In most case those charges and some other consumer compensation may also be due, that could be part of a better system and is admissible recompense that is often awarded under a court claim.

there are several cases on there, particularly regarding the furniture and motor traders, whereby the consumer although they 'won' ended up still paying a company money because they were told they had too for delivery/collection costs.

and they

Hermes have again responded but this time they state they received the claim form on 15th July after 3 times saying they wanted me to submit it???

They obviously have no idea what they are doing but as this response is in effect positive

I feel I have no choice but to wait a bit more...

what a load of ole tosh...

no wonder Hermes gets such a bad rep!

Dear J....

Thanks for getting in touch about parcel number ...

I understand that you wish to enquire about your parcel.

I have checked the system and can see that sender has submitted the claim form on 15/07/2020.

It takes 28 working days from the day the form was submitted. As soon as we process the claim you will get an e-mail from the team, meanwhile I have escalated this issue to the concerned team to expedite the process.

I would request you to please allow longer as the team is already working on it.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. 

Kind regards,  

Pushkar 
Pawar 
Customer Service Advisor 
Hermes Customer Services

• 2 weeks later...

I have again for the third time ,although the first via resolver, submitted the claim form against the grain but we will see what happens as thats all they keep asking for

here I have been patiently waiting. Its now 3 days until I can escalate the case through resovler.

Have to admit I don't know what to do

but I am livid at the appalling treatment of my goods and the fact that Hermes have not refunded me after all this time

Anyone that can be any help would be most appreciated

kind regards

John

claimform ...??

and they

On 25/07/2020 at 15:35, SweetRita said:

Hi Sweet Rita,

I received this email thsi morn...thanks for your help x

Response By E-mail
(Anand Beilfuss) (17/08/2020 10.03 AM)
Hi there,

We are getting in touch about your claim.

We’re happy to tell you that we’ve accepted your claim for £24.92 including the postage cost.

Please allow up to 5 working days for the payment to be processed back to you.

Kind regards,

Anand

Hermes Claims Department