Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • As far as I can see the majority still are - and I'm just back in from a supermarket trip.   Where I've got incredibly frustrated is the kneejerk reaction to the announcement it would no longer be compulsory as if we would go from hero to zero in one quick jump.  The situation whenever I was out and about was that around 15% never did, another 30% or so had them pulled down so didn't cover both nose and mouth.  Those are the people who will give them up completely.  You may say it was better than nothing and maybe so but in reality the change is not as great as it seems.  There never was 100% compliance.   Things are also different now in that many of us are vaccinated and even the not so good vaccines do seem to offer worthwhile protection.
    • Hello. We bought our property and moved in on the 14th October. We had bills sent from Scottish power for usage 04/10 to 29/10 totalling £72.26. We used power as we moved in not knowing who the supplier was and set up with British Gas. I rang SP and explained and agreed to pay something around £45 a new bill was to be sent out. The new bill didnt come and we are still being asked for the full amount, which has now gone to pastdue credit solutions who send paperwork to "Mr Homeowner" for the £72.26 threatening SP registering a default. How does it work when you move into an address that already has power ? I know its not lots of money but I get annoyed when companies lever money from people like this. What shall I do next? Many Thanks Sam       
    • New Look has reported a profit before tax increase of £108m in the 2021 financial year, up from the loss before tax of £430.7m in 2020 - according to the firm’s results for the 2021 financial yearView the full article
    • ISLINGTON (T) HAIRDRESSING LIMITED's Toni & Guy Hairdressing Apprentice Opportunity in London #CreateYourFuture OpportunityView the full article
    • Maybe other people are not 83 years old.  I think for my age I am doing quite well on the computer but this site eludes me as don't know which button to press to respond.  Have  tried several times to fill out this form but can't seem to manage it.   I am due to pay £100 tomorrow the 5th August and have tried CAB but hey say I have contacted everybody that they would have told me.   PCM sent me two pictures of marked parking lots (VISITORS BAYS) but won't tell me where these pictures were taken.   They are meant to contact me as have been onto the CEO of Peabody who owns the Estate and PCM control the parking.   Peabody has pushed me over to one person who has then passed me over to another person.  My Councillor got involved but he can't do anything.  So PCM are not going to phone me snd will just up the fine if I don't pay by tomorrow.       f you have received a parking ticket or a letter concerning a parking ticket:   Firstly, please check whether this is a PENALTY charge Notice or a PARKING charge. If this is a PENALTY charge notice from a County Council or TfL , please click HERE   Do not ever use or give an email address to a private parking company or their dogs   Choose the relevant section below: WINDSCREEN OR ANPR [for ANPR there will be TWO PIX of entry/Exit] copy and paste the relevant questions section to a new reply msg box in YOUR TOPIC...answer each question at its end..hit send/post   For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....   1 The date of infringement? Give answer here    2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] Give answer here YES   If you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide] By email Has there been a response? Give answer here   Please AS A PDFFILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]   If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.   Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] Give answer here   What date is on it? Give answer here   Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Give answer here   [scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] Give answer here   4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] Give answer here   5 Who is the parking company? Give answer here   6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Give answer here   please do not put JPG Picture files into your post   .............................   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement Give answer here     2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Give answer here   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please do not put JPG Picture files into your post   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? Give answer here   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Give answer here   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Give answer here   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY please do not put JPG Picture files into your post
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Court summons for a speeding fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

2 days ago I received a summons for failing to notify the driver in a speeding incident.

My husband’s car is in my name and he has been flashed by a speed camera.


We’ve not had any letter about the offence before this summons but now I have to go to court on 2 counts: the original speeding offence and failing to respond to letters I’ve not received. 


I don’t know what to do!

Do I plead not guilty (which I am!) but have to face going to court to testify and prove that I have not received these letters, have to pay all the court fees and still possibly get found guilty.


Or do I plead guilty and get left with a potentially hefty fine.


I’m waiting to here from the union about legal advice but I just wondered if anyone had been in this situation and can offer any help at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

why have you not received the numerous letters to date

is the car not registered to your present address?




  • Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome to CAG.


We have people who can help with your problem and if you have a read around our motoring offences forum you'll see you aren't the only one this has happened to.


I'll send an SOS to someone who may be able to help.


Best, HB


  • Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum




Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a couple of questions first:


(1)  You are definitely the registered keeper with DVLA and it's definitely the correct address on the car's V5C (which of course you have in your possession)?  Please don't make any assumptions here - actually dig out the V5C and confirm the details are correct.  Many people are surprised to find the wrong address on their V5C or even that they are not the RK.


(2)  Have you experienced any problems with mail deliveries lately?  eg mail going astray, not being delivered etc?  If "Yes", do you have a record of any complaints you've made about this to the Post Office/Royal Mail etc?


(3)  Last question - when was the date of the alleged speeding offence and is there any indication of when you were asked to identify the driver?  (If you are the RK you are meant to have received it within 14 days of the original speeding offence.  They are almost never late though).



The police will almost certainly (99.9% certain) have records that show the request was sent to you within the time limit at the address shown on the V5C from DVLA.  There is a legal presumption that it was delivered to you two days after posting.  The only way you can defeat that presumption is to prove you didn't receive it.  [Edit:  Actually there might be other ways you can justify not replying, but it won't be easy - I'll leave it to another poster to explain that].  How can you do that?  Obviously if is very difficult and a high bar to clear otherwise everybody would simply say "I never received it".


Normally the person who was driving and the RK are the same person.  In that situation the advice is to plead Not Guilty to both speeding and the failure to identify the driver, and then on the day of the trial you make a plea bargain with the prosecutor by telling them that you will change your plea to guilty for the speeding if (AND ONLY IF) they agree to drop the failure to identify charge.


The difficulty you have is that you are the RK charged with failing to identify, but you are not the person who was speeding - your husband is.  This means you cannot do a plea bargain because you cannot offer to plead guilty to the speeding because you were not the driver.  If you were to do so you would be committing the very serious offence of attempting to pervert the course of justice - which carries a possible jail sentence - so you don't want that!


That's an overview of where I think you stand with this.  I'll be honest and tell you I don't know how to tell you to proceed.  There is another regular poster on here called Man in the Middle who is very experienced and knowledgeable in these matters.  I suggest you wait and see if he contributes over the weekend.  I'll see if I can nudge him.

Edited by Manxman in exile
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to give you some reassurance if Man in the Middle does not make an appearance over the weekend - you could also try asking here:  External Link removed.


They'll probably ask you the same/similar questions to the ones I asked (correct details on V5C?  any history of mail delivery problems? what's the timeline?) so you may as well give these details from the outset.  If you do try there, do not register with a Hotmail address - it won't allow you to register.  (And make sure you answer any other questions they ask - they can get a bit tetchy!)


Make sure you do not miss any deadlines concerning the summons.


Good luck



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm.  No response so far from Man in the Middle, and nobody else other than Honeybee has contributed either.




The difficulty you have is that if you get convicted of failing to identify the driver, you'll end up with 6 points on your licence and an MS90 conviction code.  Insurance companies HATE MS90 convictions because they have a tendency to wonder what on earth you could have done to make not naming the driver a viable option.  (All they will see is that you've been convicted of not naming the driver - not the circumstances surrounding it).  There is a very real danger that your insurance premiums will go through the roof for the next five years.


For this reason you really want to try avoiding a MS90 conviction at all costs.  Because you are the only person charged with speeding and failing to identify, but you husband was the driver, you can't do a plea bargain.


I honestly don't know what you do in this situation.  The solution may be simple or it may not be.   Try National Consumer Service.


good luck


Oh - and just to clarify. 

You can't be convicted of the speeding offence

- and nor can anyone else at the moment

- because they don't know who was driving. 


I suspect the only reason they've charged you with both is to give you the opportunity to do the plea bargain I outlined earlier, because they probably assume you were the speeding driver.  Of course you weren't, so you can't do the usual plea bargain.


Seriously - if you don't get more sensible responses here, you really do need to ask on National Consumer Service.


I suppose??? you might be able to approach the prosecutors and see if you can get your husband charged with speeding, and then agree that he will plead guilty if they agree to drop the fail to identify charge against you. 


But that really leaves both of you wide open to the possibility of both being convicted of different offences. 

I'm afraid your predicament is way outside my comfort zone. 

You must got to National Consumer Service

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...