• Tweets

• Hi slick!    On 22 July they said they would refund me £74.07 Theres no DD in place as my membership was a once off payment in November last year.  Hi Dx,    I paid through PayPal last year as a one off payment. 
    • I'm trying to understand it all but I certainly tend to agree with my colleague @dx100uk that it looks as if you may have been taken for a ride. You found an advertisement for a bag on an online sales site. Instead of going through the established procedure of that site, which presumably allows them to recover a commission from the seller you started dealing directly with the seller who is an unknown person to you and of course that allowed the seller to avoid paying the commission. At whose suggestion was it that you went off-site? You then pay by PayPal but instead of logging it with PayPal as a payment for a purchased item, you tell PayPal that it was actually simply a gift or transaction between friends and family. This also allowed the seller to avoid paying a PayPal fee on the money. At whose suggestion was it that you paid in this way?       I don't say that you definitely have been scammed, but it doesn't look very good. This is how it might have happened: after you agreed to take the transaction off-site, so you lost the protection of the established system – and the seller avoided the commission and also avoided the sales site knowing that they had sold their item, you then agreed to pay the seller some money – but not for a purchase – simply as a gift. This has two consequences. Firstly, the seller avoids a PayPal fee and secondly, because PayPal has been misled as to the purpose of the payment, you lose the protection of PayPal if it turns out that you've been scammed or there is some other problem with the transaction. The seller then apparently sent you the parcel and they sent you pictures of a package with your address on it. Separately they sent you a Hermes tracking number – but there is no evidence that the package was actually posted to your address. The seller might simply have taken a picture with your address and sent that to you by way of reassurance – and then changed the label and posted the parcel to themselves but sent you a tracking number which is inaccessible to you and in respect of which you will be prevented from getting any information. All you've seen is a parcel with your address on it. All you've been given is a tracking number which satisfied you for a while until the parcel did not arrive and then when you started to make enquiries, you found that you were unable to access any details referring to the tracking number. Of course the tracking number says that the item was delivered – because maybe it was – but in that case it was delivered to the address on the parcel which might have been the seller's own address – or the address of a friend. I don't want to say that this is definitely how it happened, but it is a plausible scenario. Of course Hermes is an awful lot of parcels – but on the other hand I expect that most of the parcel is that going to Hermes hands are delivered successfully. We only get the bad stories on this forum. I can imagine that Hermes rate of successful deliveries is better than 97% because otherwise people wouldn't simply just hate them, they would go out of business.   We can help you bring a complaint against Hermes if you want. However, on the basis of what you say, the odds are stacked against you but it would be useful to try and find out the address which was associated with tracking number. As far as your apparent willingness to travel hundred and 50 miles to ask for your money back, don't bother. If you did actually go there, are you sure that the seller actually lives at the address that you have been given? What evidence do you have that? Of course if you found that the seller didn't reside at that address then it is slamdunk that you have been scammed. But then what are you going to do? You can try to inform the police but of course it won't get you anywhere. You can inform the sales website – but they will say that you brought it on yourself because you agreed to go off-site. You can inform PayPal – that they will say that because you sent the money which was calculated to avoid their fees, you have lost the protection. If you travelled the 150 miles and found that the seller did reside at that address, do you really think that they are going to hand your money over to you? If they are acting dishonestly then they will simply say that it is nothing to do with them, that they addressed it all correctly and they don't understand what has happened and that this is simply Hermes up to their old tricks. What are you going to do? You simply risk getting into a very nasty argument and depending on how bad it went, you might even find that the police are called and I'm afraid that they would be looking at you – not the seller. Maybe you can answer the questions that I've post above as to who it is who initiated the various ways of doing business.    
    • The legal campaign's going well then. The recount in Wisconsin gave Trump more votes but Biden even more, at a cost of $3m. And a donor to the organisation bringing the failed cases is suing to get his $2.5m back.   https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/28/joe-biden-gains-votes-in-wisconsin-county-after-trump-ordered-recount
    • Yes Unicorn feed tax again, can't sue the keeper for more than the Original Charge, so any additional Debt Collection fees aka the £60 they add is abuse,iof process as per HHJ Harvey at Lewes county Court What lookedinfroinfo is indicating is that the main signage on entry and dotted around is merely an " Invitation to Treat", not the offer, the Offer and Acceptance occurs at the payment machine, so wording there is key.
  • Our picks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure you are very clever.  

The entire republican party is corrupt to the core.   We have out issues with our parties here, but damn, the states is basically a clusterf***.  Trumps been c[aught lying, commiting illegal activitie

I liked this from conservative columnist Max Boot in the Washington Post.   “I have never been more grateful for President Trump’s incompetence,” writes the conservative columnist Max Boot i

Posted Images

5 hours ago, cjcregg said:

It's not that I don't agree, just didn't understand that's all.

I suppose I could have linked to our RSS feed but that just tells you the headline and links to the BBC article. I thought I would link to the BBC directly.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Channel4 News have got hold of a leaked database used by the Trump campaign in 2016. Their report says that the campaign set out to deter millions of black voters from voting for Hillary Clinton.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-trump-campaign-strategy-to-deter-millions-of-black-americans-from-voting-in-2016

For anyone who saw The Great Hack on Netflix, this is a tactic that was used by Cambridge Analytica/SCL and Alexander Nix.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybee13 said:

I suppose I could have linked to our RSS feed but that just tells you the headline and links to the BBC article. I thought I would link to the BBC directly.

If thats cjcregg whining, theres been a number of links and a video

Its his fault if he has chosen not to see them.

.. errr no difference there then eh?

Not everyone elses responsibility to dance to his twisted tune

Why the populist problem with customs checks to cross the Irish sea to meet International agreements and Law

... when Johnson is happy to implement a Border + Visas to access a lorry park in Kent?

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

Yes was flipping between panorama and c4 news

trump is going to throw the dirty tricks book at this election

wrong thread - butPanorama has actual detailed examples of the utter farces of people testing negative and their contacts being chased a week after any lockdown (which was not needed) would have ended, and being actually told they need to lockdown until the week before the call they were speaking on

Edited by tobyjugg2

Why the populist problem with customs checks to cross the Irish sea to meet International agreements and Law

... when Johnson is happy to implement a Border + Visas to access a lorry park in Kent?

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

no TV where I am at moment

Haven't had a TV at my place for years .. do at o/hs - including my still  fabulous screen high end plasma that was just sat in a corner doing nowt  here.

David Carroll who appears in the Great Hack was on Channel4 News. He asked Cambridge Analytica for the data they had on him and never got a very full answer. Channel4 News has the information and found David's file.

I'm shocked by how much detail they put together on him and millions of US citizens for the Trump campaign in 2016. How much of this is happening in the UK?

brexit party outspent the tories and labour together on targeted social media 'promoting various lies I seem to remember and people from there still are

examples

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-says-no-idea-18775071

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/07/smash-and-grab-dominic-cummings-democracy

Just google boris johnson Cambridge analytica Nix

Of course they simply claim that evidenced claims of their  own manipulation and lies are manipulation and 'false news' as we see on forums such as this by their 'followers

Edited by tobyjugg2

Trump v Biden debate

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000007365697/presidential-debate-live.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

I've read reports on the debate and watched a couple of clips. I thought it was awful and agree with the commentator who said there shouldn't be another two like this.

The Fox News moderator didn't come out of it well either, as he couldn't control the infant-in-chief. Someone suggested they should turn off Trump's mike so that Biden could answer.

agree with all that HB,

but biden certainly didn't excel, and difficult as that is with a garbage spouter like the bean stain coloured Trump, it is what he needs to be able to not just handle - but show up as the spoiling garbage it is. Grown ups don't win by allowing spoiled children free reign in their tantrums.

Admittedly the host failed miserably, but Bidens preparedness was clearly sadly lacking.

Posted (edited)

Hicks must be sleeping with both of them ...

:-0

Edited by tobyjugg2

So, when does his program of bleach injections start ?

Posted (edited)

ah remdisvir - not bleach or any of his other weird 'cures'

I'm surprised that he wasn'tv on remdisvir anyway ... or maybe he was

Edited by tobyjugg2

• 1 month later...

https://www.marketscreener.com/news/latest/Tired-of-Trump-Deutsche-Bank-games-ways-to-sever-ties-with-the-president-sources--31679481/