US elections November 2024 [amended 18/04/24 - HB]

1553652753_theretheretrumpypants.jpg.29b7412f2c68f0d6df74676979b943ba.jpg

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Apart from Alaska which is almost certainly republican and 3 votes, and North Carolina with 15 votes likely republican

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/north-carolina-president-results?icid=election_usmap

all others are getting more and more likely (but still not certain (including Arizona)) Biden/democrat wins

and most votes to be counted seem to be from the VERY democrat leaning larger population areas.

All the massive ranch low population counties have only handfuls of votes outstanding - and they are probably from the 'help' on the ranches.

eg

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/arizona-president-results?icid=election_usmap

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Trump claiming shenanigans by democrats, but it would appear that a number of batches of thousands of postal ballots are being 'found' in sweeps

The Tory Legacy

11 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Trump claiming shenanigans by democrats, but it would appear that a number of batches of thousands of postal ballots are being 'found' in sweeps

'Found' or being brought out to be counted?  As I understood it, traditionally (and maybe only in some states) postal votes are not counted unless they would make a difference.  If one candidate has polled enough votes that the postal votes can't alter the result then they don't even bother with them.  Trump isn't the sharpest tool in the box so I could see him honestly convinced they're an optional extra and only used out of spite to defeat him.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, hightail said:

As I understood it, traditionally (and maybe only in some states) postal votes are not counted unless they would make a difference.  If one candidate has polled enough votes that the postal votes can't alter the result then they don't even bother with them.  

HH.JPG

26 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

There were also sweeps by the US postal service, I don't know if they're still going on.

I guess it depends on the rules by state and if they’re relevant. They each set their own so your postal vote would be valid if postmarked Election Day in one whereas it might need to have been delivered by then in another.  You wouldn’t want to risk a postal worker ‘missing’ the odd sack of mail left in a corner or under a bench.  

There are states where the postal ballot can’t make a difference so they’ve declared without them.  Don’t suppose they’ll be bothering so much there no matter when they have to be in by.

The Tory Legacy

i have placed a blank line between all your links so they are now clickable.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I actually wonder how some people make their way in life. Or maybe they just don't.

9 hours ago, hightail said:

There are states where the postal ballot can’t make a difference so they’ve declared without them. 

The counting of valid ballots (mail-in or otherwise) isn't discretionary. All eligible votes are counted. 

2 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

I actually wonder how some people make their way in life. Or maybe they just don't.

The counting of valid ballots (mail-in or otherwise) isn't discretionary. All eligible votes are counted. 

That ‘every vote is counted’ seems obvious to us but in Trump’s mind may seem unfair somehow.  It’s him throwing the tantrums, not me.  I’m just interested in why he may believe it’s fraudulent, his reasoning.

3 hours ago, hightail said:

That ‘every vote is counted’ seems obvious to us but in Trump’s mind may seem unfair somehow.  It’s him throwing the tantrums, not me.  I’m just interested in why he may believe it’s fraudulent, his reasoning.

You said it was ''states where the postal ballot can’t make a difference so they’ve declared without them''. Not Trump.

Remember?

Edited by BankFodder
Removal of unhelpful and inflammatory remark

And the winner is US TV news networks who are going to be arguing ( between commercial breaks) 24/7 for the next 4 months !

And US voting regulations in different states make UK system seem very antiquated. UK has ballot with  a cross in box, US have forms that have to be run through computer scanners, ID checks, signatures etc. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I liked this from conservative columnist Max Boot in the Washington Post.

“I have never been more grateful for President Trump’s incompetence,” writes the conservative columnist Max Boot in the Washington Post. “He can’t even organize a coup d’état properly.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

According to CNN in their coverage of the US election result.

" This could be the day "   Said many number times on Thursday

" This could be the day "  Repeated throughout Friday

" This could be the day "  Is it still Friday ? No, Saturday morning and the news anchors are still repeating all of the same information they have for the last 48 hours or more.  Clearing getting totally bored by the situation, with their faces no longer hiding their feelings.

And the **breaking news** hot off the press from somewhere in Pennsylvania, is that they are expecting an update at some point very shortly about number of votes still outstanding or on some other point, which they are not really sure about. 

Will Saturday be the day or will it be Sunday, Monday...............?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I'd say it won't be today. Wisconsin and Georgia have recounts, are they doing that over the weekend?

It seems fairly academic to me, historically recounts have only changed the figure by a few hundred and Biden's lead runs into thousands in most of the outstanding states.

The Guardian are using AP's decisions on who has won which state. This is what AP says, from the Live feed at 11.32. There's more detail on the different states if people are interested.

I’m sure a lot of people are coming to this live blog just wanting to know when we’ll get a final result, and what is holding it all up. Here’s what the Associated Press (AP) said yesterday about the reasons remaining for not ‘calling’ the final few swing states for one candidate or another.

They all essentially boil down to ‘there’s still enough uncounted votes to swing it either way, and there will likely have to be a re-count in any case’.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/nov/06/us-election-joe-biden-donald-trump-result-latest-who-is-winning-live-2020-updates

• Like 1

Warning ! Contains bad language

• Haha 1