Myhermes lost Laptop and phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All 

I sent a laptop , phone, mouse and pen via myhermes , and declared its full contents along with its value £1500 on March 10th.

on the 11th I get a text to say it was overweight and should pay extra ,

before I could do this the charge was dropped , but the parcel then didn’t reach its destination due to C19 
I contacted them in April and in May , they tell me that the parcel is now lost, 
and I cannot claim anything back under their terms 

this parcel contents belongs to coop legal services and is costing me £120 per month each month until it is returned so far that £320

I have about 10 emails pretty much all saying the same thing right upto CEO 

what can I do 

Welcome to the Forum.

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Postal and Delivery Services

Please continue to post here.

Andy

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hmmm... all your eggs in one basket - Big Fail!

Anyway, welcome to the forum. It's very interesting that they haven't challenged you on the value because I've seen elsewhere that they say that "high-value" items are on their prohibited items list. I understand that high value could mean anything over £300. So for that reason alone, your case is very interesting and we might approach you for some documentation/email which refers to this which might help others.

They've told you that the package is lost – but have they given you a reason so far for denying any liability?

Also, I think I had better warn you that the monthly charge you are incurring may not be recoverable because it may not be a reasonably foreseeable type of damage – you may have heard of the term "consequential loss".

Ah yes , they have said , it was a prohibited item, even thou I declared it as such (my bad)

they have sporadically said it’s over 28day since and therefore they are not liable , making no mention of the C19 effect. I have all the emails along with all the comms from them including 

LinkedIn 

Sorry, they have said that it was a prohibited item because of its value – correct?

Also at some point they said that because as beyond 28 days, they're not liable – is this also correct?

Presumably the gave you this information by email.

Please could you post up the emails where they talk about the value, where they talk about the time limit – and also the one where they try to levy an extra charge because of the weight

Also, in terms of the monthly charge that you are incurring, your best interests would be served by telling Co-op legal services what has happened and asking them for a write-off value. Otherwise you're going to find that you are going to end up with a huge charge because if you have to sue Hermes – and you probably will – this will go on for six months or nine months.

Can you tell us why it belongs to Co-op legal services?

Maybe, but not very helpful comment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Also, in terms of the monthly charge that you are incurring, your best interests would be served by telling Co-op legal services what has happened and asking them for a write-off value. Otherwise you're going to find that you are going to end up with a huge charge because if you have to sue Hermes – and you probably will – this will go on for six months or nine months.

Can you tell us why it belongs to Co-op legal services?

I worked for them as an estate practitioner 

and upon me terminating my contract , I had to send back all of my equipment 

I will add info later 

Thanks. Did you organise the delivery or did they organise the delivery 

Sorry, I don't really understand. Are you saying that your workplace organised it or you organised it?

What you are referring to when you say that the item shows your full name?

I'm trying to understand whether your organisation might have arranged the carriage of the items and paid for it themselves in which case we might be able to shift the responsibility on to them which  should also relieve you of the burden of paying these monthly charges

You should probably redact them before displaying them on this forum