Romart v Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I have sent a dpa letter for both myself and my husband to barclaycard today. I'm quite emotional about this one because their charges are crippling my family and I'm astounded that they are allowed. I really want to get my charges back not just because i'm entitled but to hopefully put a stop to them altogether. These credit card companies are like legal loan sharks!

I'm aware of the micro fiche argument so will let you know what happens and see if we can hit them where it hurts for a change!

• 4 weeks later...

Update, My husband received some statements from Barclaycard. The letter said this:

Further to your request for personal data held by Barclaycard, please find enclosed a copy of the relevant information from May 2004. As the information we hold prior to May 2004 is archived, it is necessary for me to request this from our national records centre. These statements will follow shortly under seperate cover.

Then next day this:

I am pleased to enclose some of the items you recently requested. We are currently obtaining the remainder of the items you requested and these will be sent to you as soon as possible. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience ..............................

That second letter actually contained one copy statement for May 04 which was in the first bundle anyway. All sounds very amicable eh! Or am I a fool to believe that they will just let me have them? Nothing else since though and that was the 15th Dec. Nothing on mine either but they've got till the 6th Jan.

Update, My husband received some statements from Barclaycard. The letter said this:

Further to your request for personal data held by Barclaycard, please find enclosed a copy of the relevant information from May 2004. As the information we hold prior to May 2004 is archived, it is necessary for me to request this from our national records centre. These statements will follow shortly under seperate cover.

Then next day this:

I am pleased to enclose some of the items you recently requested. We are currently obtaining the remainder of the items you requested and these will be sent to you as soon as possible. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience ..............................

That second letter actually contained one copy statement for May 04 which was in the first bundle anyway. All sounds very amicable eh! Or am I a fool to believe that they will just let me have them? Nothing else since though and that was the 15th Dec. Nothing on mine either but they've got till the 6th Jan.

Hi you could always send them another letter stating that they are legally required to send this information and that as of todays date they have 16 days to comply with your request or you will file a complaint against them with the information commissioners office, and may even consider legal action for breech of the data protection act.

Tanz

Thanks, Maybe I should. It really sounds to me like they are going to send it though. Wouldn't they have said 'you can't have that info because lalalala....' ? I suppose i'm being a little naive.

Thanks, Maybe I should. It really sounds to me like they are going to send it though. Wouldn't they have said 'you can't have that info because lalalala....' ? I suppose i'm being a little naive.

Yes they prob will, but Barclaycard are renowned for trying to set their own timescales, you have only got to look at the whole microfiche cr*p they have been pulling. I am still waiting for my info and I sent my SAR on 3rd September.

However its up to you.

Tanz