CST LAW - Euro Car Parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Over the past 5 years I've had a number of parking tickets from Euro Car Parks

- the last ones being 2 years ago when they tried to bill me for 15 hours parking when I'd actually nipped to Tesco's on 2 separate days for no more than 20 minutes each time. I told them to 'sod off' and said I'd fight at POPLA etc and after a few reminders, they gave up the chase.

The other week I received a letter out of the blue from CST Law chasing debts for Euro Car Parks.

Their letter doesn't mention parking ticket numbers or how many tickets are involved and (stupidly) I threw out the tickets due to 2 year of no contact from ECP.

Am I right to assume it's just another begging letter that can be ignored?

Is the threat of sending court papers real?

If I do go to court can I avoid a CCJ by agreeing to pay the fine?

'We have been instructed by debt recovery plus limited as the agent of Euro car parts Ltd in relation to the above debt. 

The unpaid debt relates to one or more parking charges that you are liable for as the owner/hirer/driver of the vehicle.

Our client has the right to commence court proceedings against you to recover the debt for a period of six years from the date of the parking charge.

The Supreme Court case of Beavis versus Parking Eye (2015) confirmed the lawfulness of private parking charges under civil law.

However our client would like to resolve this matter amicably Without court action as a claim would result in an increase in the amount sought from you in terms of any statutory costs and court fees.

Our client would like to provide you with this opportunity to make full payment of the sum of £160 thereby avoiding court action being taken and any increase in the amount claimed.

Please contact debt recovery plus limited in order to discuss a payment proposal or make payment online or by calling the payment line. 

If you are unable to make payments and thought it may be possible for DRP to agree a payment plan with you.

If you do not pay by 10th of July 2020 please keep debt recovery plus limited updated as to your current address to ensure that any court documents are currently directed to you. This is vital as a County Court judgement can have a serious effect on a person’s credit rating'.

I didn't reply to this letter and the 10th July deadline has passed - advice please?

That's just Debt Recovery Plus in fancy dress. It's a begging letter and can be safely ignored. Though don't ignore anything headed "Letter Before Claim/Action" 👍

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

If they do send Letter Before Claim/Action come straight back here and  send an SAR and get the details from Euro Car Parks.  Its not a fine and looking at your post, likely double.  dipping.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The threat of them sending out Court papers is possible but losing to them won't be easy as their claim is too stupid. But if you were to lose [very unlikely if defended ] then you have 30 days to pay the Court order and thus avoid a CCJ.

where does their letter call the charges FINES please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to put this through the babelfish to translate and this is what you get.

Dear sir,

we have looked at a load of old failed demands and decided to try and bluff you once again into paying up as it is unlikely you have still got the paperwork by now.

If it was sent to the correct address not responding is the best move as all that will have happened is they will have wasted a stamp and you haven't

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

Thanks for your help so far. Last week I received a 'letter before claim' from CST and your help is required again, please.

'We are instructed by Debt Recovery Plus Limited, as the agent of Euro Car Parks LTD, to commence legal action against you to recover the amount outstanding. We are informed that you have failed to settle the amount owed or provide a valid reason for non-payment.

The charge amount included £15.00 claimed by our Client for the time spent and resource facilitating the recovery of the charge. The amount is a pre-determined and nominal contribution to our client's losses as a direct result of your non-payment.

In the event the outstanding debt is not paid in full, we are instructed to commence legal proceedings. Our client is satisfied that it has sufficient evidence to support this claim and, if necessary, will reply on this evidence in court'.

The letter then goes on to list options to make payment or respond using the enclosed response pack. The pack includes links to debt help places, asking if I'm liable for the debt, and an income & expenses sheet.

Time for an ericsbrother snotty letter

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

if you look at mostly any dr+ cst involvement thread you will see that CST can't actually issue a PAPLOC on behalf of DR+, as DR+ are not the creditor but a mere powerless DCA...the parking co are,

so it's probably the old game of a DCA using a box of letterheads with a solicitors name on for a backhander, which funny enough what the extra £15 unicorn food tax is about.

but eitherway, yes time for an ericsbrother snotty letter.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no you go find one here

CAG is self help too..

and they

Yep, please post up a draft of a suitable snotty letter.

On the basis of too-much-info-is-better-than-too-little I would also send Euro Car Parks a SAR.  It's free and would make them do some work.  Then you'd find out exactly what they reckon you did.

Also - and this is a long, long shot as this ticket is from years ago - but do you still have proof of payment in Tesco?  Recently there have been a lot of successes on the forum where supermarket chains got these tickets cancelled.

in threads here already.....

use the enhanced google search box on our page

dx

and they

• 7 months later...

open

and they

So for both parking fines (double dipping nonsense) I have received 'Notice Of Intended Legal Action' letters from DCBL that state they have now referred the issue of unpaid parking tickets back to the client (CP Plus Ltd) 'to review commencing legal action' and signed-off-by inviting me to make immediate payment to avoid legal action. 

Can you advise what I should do now? 

Is it still just scare tactics?

Edited by 1mper1um

fines?

not a letter of claim? so ignore?

dx

and they

Hang on, didn't you already receive a Letter Before Claim from these idiots?

If they sent one and then did nothing I believe that's illegal - can someone fact check me?

The latest rubbish you have from them is just more begging letters and their parking charges can never be fines!

Edited by Homer67
typo

no they can send as many as they like sadly. (civil matter so can't be illegal (criminal) matter)

they often wait several years/months as they have 6yrs from the incident to raise a claim, hoping the mug has moved and they go for a backdoor CCJ, which is why you must always reply to a PAPLOC.

dx

and they