• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

greenranger vs ltsb ** WON **

greenranger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all.

i have just submitted mcol (27/11/06). llyods have 14 days to reply from date of being issued. what date will the be issued or what date will the 14 days be up? and what happens if they dont aknowledge?

thanks

yb *won* full amount plus costs plus interest.

llyods tsb *won* full amount plus costs plus interest.

Lloyds have 14 days from date of service to file an Acknowledgement of Service and then a further 14 days to issue a full Defence. Thus 28 days.

If no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence received then you can apply for default judgement. Lloyds' usually leave it all until the last minute and issue a Defence.

If you obtain default judgement Lloyds are likely to make an application to have it set aside (removed) and such an application is likely to be successful and then the litigation continues.

As an aside ensure as you used MCOL that you have sent the particulars of claim in the post, i.e. the schedule of charges.

Stay with it.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

do you mean send the schedule to llyods or to money claim. i have already sent llyods a full schedule after submitting mcol.

I would send to the court too. Ensure you include the claim reference. However, I do not use MCOL, therefore I do not know if you have an address to send them to.

As a general rule in litigation you copy everything to both the court and defendant simultaneously.

This is why I do not like MCOL, as you cannot include the particulars (or a claim description of any length) at the same time as filing the claim.

If you do not have an address just yet, then you will have soon. Once the claim becomes defended it gets allocated from Northampton (which is like a bulk clearing centre) to usually a local county court.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys

i issued mcol on the 27/11/06 and llyods aknowledged 4/12/06. as far as i understand llyods had 28 days in total to issue a defence which is now up. should i now be asking for judgement? or should i leave it for a few days due to the festive period(holidays).

thanks

Lloyds are likely to submit at the last minute and the courts will usually accept that.

I would be inclined to see if Lloyds are willing to settle out of court, seems they've been paying out lots of settlements lately so they might be willing to negotiate !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

hi freebird

would you suggest i send a letter to sechiari offering to settle out of court or is a phone call a more appropriate approach.

defence submitted today by llyods. wait for confirmation from courts via post.

will this claim be passed to my local court ?

what is the next step likely to be ?

Hi

Yes this will be passed to your local court. You will get a copy of the defence in the post, and an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in. Remember to send a copy of your completed AQ to SC&M (Solicitors).

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

As you used MCOL, once defended usually gets allocated to a local county court. The courts should inform you of this when you receive the defence.

Next stage is allocation questionnaires, see link below for completion.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

submitted AQ today. having just read the new strategy fo AQs i like it. i use the old one but would it still be possible to send a copy of the new one to the judge.

also how do you get a link onto a thread?

As to the AQ if only posted today, then I would phone the court and tell them to disregard it and that a correct one will follow in the post. If you have sent to SCM then you will need to explain that you have issued another one and why.

You can obtain a blank AQ form, from my post 12 in your thread.

Ideally pop into the court and pass them the revised one and and explain your situation.

As to including a link:

1. Go to the web page you want to link to

2. Click on the address bar (at the top) and then right click and scroll down to copy

3. The go to your post that you want to place the link in

4. Then paste your post through right clicking and scroll down to past into the post

Alternatively there is also a shortcut on the tool bar, but I do not like this.

Have you seen the revelation in Kazzaw's thread? (post 15)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/20752-kazzaw-lloyds-asset-card.html

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys

im just going through my stuff today(just been released from hospital) and the last day for filing AQ was the 21-01-07.how can i find out if llyods filed and what is the best thing to do if they have not

Hi - I thought you had been quiet for a while, as Barty has beat me to it again, I will delete what I have just written and will just enquire as to your well being.

thanks barty

hi guidot

got the flu jsut before xmas and couldnt shake it off. it developed in to glandular fever(not very pleasant) and all my throat swelled up causing breathing problems(and more importantly stopping me eating). a couple of short stays in hospital and now im right as rain. thanks for the concern.

spoke to county court today and they told me no AQ had been submitted by llyods yet but they have a pile waiting to be processed and i should await direction from the judge.

is this the norm ?

Seems normal, SCM leave usually file a few days after the deadline. I am close to the same stage as you. Leave it a fortnight then I would give the court another call. If my claim is anything to go by you should receive a full offer to settle, providing you have claimed 6 years only and 8% statutory interest.

full settlement offered :)

only snag it is with conditions.

do i write to them saying i am willing to accept without conditions ?

it is one of the private and confidentials between us you and the bank!!!!:confused:

I thought you may get that offer soon. Anyway see Mr M Browne's letter below that you may chose to use:

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX.

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours faithfully