Credit G / JES Enforcement Ltd. - tenancy arrears with a Housing Association

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I would just like to know if anyone else has had dealings with either of these companies. 

I have an ongoing issue with JES who have refused to tell me whether a debt has been assigned to them. 

(They do not seem to understand what "assigned" means). 

I have also found out from Companies House that they are a 'dormant' company. 

I may be wrong but are 'dormant' companies legally entitled to take money off people?

How have you been communicating with these outfits?

Not over the phone I hope?

Credit G do buy debts, is this to do with tenancy fees/rent?

As for JES http://www.datalog.co.uk/browse/detail.php/CompanyNumber/05474470/CompanyName/JES+ENFORCEMENT+LTD

Has this been to court?

Have you checked your credit file?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hello BB!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No no no.  I have been a member of CAG long enough to know that you don't do phonecalls!   

I have strictly followed the CAG advice but I have tenancy arrears with a Housing Association from some years back. 

I had reached an agreement with the HA to pay these off at £20 a month and was doing so quite happily. 

It seems the HA couldn't be bothered to deal with me anymore and just passed it over to Credit G to collect who in turn passed it to JES (who are a "subsiduary" of Credit G). 

I have fired off several letters to JES asking them politely to confirm that the debt was assigned. 

All they do is send me copies of rent statements with the last entry endorsed "Passed to Credit G".

I don't think there has been any assignment so when the latest ridiculous letter arrived I stopped being polite and told them (by letter) I was having nothing further to do with JES and said I was implementing exactly the same arrangement that was in place with the HA with Credit G.

• dx100uk changed the title to Credit G / JES Enforcement Ltd. - tenancy arrears with a Housing Association

title updated and thread moved to the residential section

their letters will tell you who owns the debt - they will state 'our client'.

pers i wouldn't of bothered sending silly letter tennis if they say their client is still the HA.

ignore them they are powerless.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...