Paid £28k next steps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pers i wouldn't pay too much attention to mse posts..

they are always posted with dark meanings mostly by so called industry knowalls

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seems most people are fighting for them to be removed and defaulted, I have tried that with virgin Sainsbury’s and MBNA but none budging. Just hope there is a way I can get a mortgage in a sooner than there but we’ll see, I’ll put in all my effort.

picking your brains as is a daily occurrence this week (appreciated), what’s should I be looking for when I get my SARS returned and how can they help me ? 

First response to CCAs Pra group sent a standard letter back with postal orders saying they will look into in. Also been reading about online agreements (which I am sure mine are) did not need a signature, you ticked a box and that’s how you were accepted. 

Does this mean as my contracts were all online tick box ones they will all be enforceable ? Thanks 

god no far from it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You would be able to get a mortgage , probably now even, going sub prime. Also if you have a 25% deposit the world would be your oyster. Although you might need to wait a couple of years to get down to the realms of a 15% deposit.

Or maybe not, go find a good mortgage  broker, that’s the best advice.

Do not discount sub prime mortgages, you might end up paying an extra £150 per month but at least that’s better than flushing your

money down the bog by paying rent.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

just type ..no need to hit quote...

dx

and they

They can be theoretically, but often DX or Andyorch can see whether they are cobbled together BS from the copy &’paste department, and it seems that’s usually the case.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ahhhhhhh, I await their responses then and will pick the learned brains on here, love this forum. Feel like you are in the wrong all the time and the collectors are the ones in charge, now I know that’s not the case 

Edited by Halfwaythere

I feel my only option with the AP markers is to pay them off,

I have tried numerous appeals and complaints to get them defaulted and all 4 have rejected as I have continued to pay 🙄.

I will have them all paid off by the end of this year but means until 2027 they will sit there rearing their ugly head at every lender.

I’ve read up and can’t see any way of changing this.

I think I will have go the way of a heftier deposit and adverse credit mortgage and remortgaging.

Time isn’t on my side as I am 36, I would like to be on the property ladder by 40. 

who have you complained to about the AP markers

and how many of your accounts have them.

dx

and they

virgin are MBNA, so 3 MBNA cards then..

and it's quite usual for them to object to the AP marker removal or to register a default esp under the recent ICO rule change.

worth a read..

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=MBNA AP markers&oq=MBNA AP markers&gs_l=partner-generic.3...197810.201705.0.201881.15.15.0.0.0.0.184.1110.13j2.15.0.csems%2Cnrl%3D13...0.3920j1206742j16...1.34.partner-generic..14.1.110.uMpES7e82cA

and they

Is there a new ICO rule change ?

i think I’ll try again, why not, I have the summer off so I’ll give it another go.

I have an advantage with Sainsbury’s I think, they insist on doing everything on the phone even when you ask in writing (they send you a letter saying to ring 🙄)

the lady on the phone convinced me I didn’t need a default as argued against what I was saying about AP markers saying it was not true.

I am going for them and insisting all done by letter

• 2 weeks later...

and you expected any different??

dx

and they

Well yes because from true SARS info I got from Halifax (where my Link loan debt come from) I’m pretty sure Halifax have the CCA so don’t understand why Link haven’t sent it me, maybe it will come.

Im in a quandary with my two PRA group ones as these aren’t defaulted and putting AP markers on my account so wrecking my credit file if I don’t pay off, I wonder if they have become wise not to default now that’s why some companies aren’t 

2 hours ago, Halfwaythere said:

so wrecking my credit file if I don’t pay off,

paying anything off does not remove markers or defaults. nor improve your score.

as said numerous times before

poss your best idea might be to totally stop paying all debts with AP markers being registered

then when it is defaulted resume if they've complied to a cca request and we've checked it.

that way atleast you're are guaranteed in 6yrs the debt will vanish from your file

and they

I know but I could pay all my debts that are AP markers in the next 2 months then they are defiantly gone 6 years from then instead of fighting to default

-and can PRA default me as a DCA?

Hmm in a quandary.

I am not going to pay them This month and instead wipe my virgin card

I am then only left with the 2xPRA group debts at £1300 each with AP markers and the rest AP marked are gone. 

I’ve just reopened my complaints to MBNA, Virgin and Sainsbury’s for not defaulting my accounts.

If I don’t get the correct decision this time I am complaining to the ICO

2 hours ago, Halfwaythere said:

I could pay all my debts that are AP markers in the next 2 months then they are defiantly gone 6 years from then

you hope sb date = it must be removed....

holding off for a few weeks to see if they have compliant CCA's could save you £1000's.

if they haven't - then that will be the same very much cheaper hoped for result.

and they

you related to A/C falling off the credit file after 6yrs after last payment or settlement.

its never guaranteed that a debt being SB makes that actually happen.

dx

and they