pip new claim and asessment

hatsanman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

ive now been recieving pip for about 6 years and the last 4 years ive been getting enhanced rate mobility and standard rate for daily living.

about 3 wks ago i received a letter saying the dwp had now altered my claim to say there is no end date because im retired and they would contact me in 6 years plus time just to see if i needed more or less help.

me being the honest person i am sent them a copy of a scan id had in November last year which shows i have spinal damage and compression of spinal nerves

yesterday i received a letter saying many thanks for letting us know your circumstances have changed and please fill in how your disability affects you form

im applying all over again and might have to go to a face to face and this being after just 3 wks of being told i have no end date because of my age.

is this normal for dwp to do this and also face to face again.

my claim originally was because my knees are basically shot and have terrible pain all the time.

now my back neck and right leg again constant pain and no use in right leg.

my mental is bad with severe depression and anxiety and take 9 different meds per day to try and control my problems.

has anyone else gone through notifying dwp about a change to be told to reapply for your pip and were you successful again?.

i only ask as you hear all sorts of things of how they try and get your benefits of any kind off you.

i do wonder some days why im so honest

. thanks everyone and not in a good place this morning. 

If i remember correctly Government faced complaints about making elderly pensioners go through reassessments, so they made changes, in the way you describe.

Now it is only, where people say their condition is worse or different, where they will send the form, to see whether the award needs to be changed to reflect the latest health situation.

If you provide enough information including anything you have received from Doctors, then I would think it would be a paper based assessment, where they see what your current award should be based on current circumstances.  By paper based I mean, due to Coronavirus, it won't be a face to face assessment, it will be done using information supplied and contacting your Doctors.

DWP could not ignore your new information, because of the concern that it might deny you an increased award. Hence why they have issued the form to assess your current situation.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

many thanks for your great reply unclebulgaria.

i think my original award was due to expire january 2021

3 wks ago got the letter stating it had been changed to no end date.

i just thought as id received the mri scan result and it wasn't good id send it them just so they couldn't say they were not notified etc. i suppose i live in the real world where things were just updated as info came to hand so to speak and not the world of the dwp where we start from scratch all over again.

lifes never that easy though especially when dealing with the dwp.

hopefully they will look through the masses of paperwork

ive seen doctors

ive seen consultants

ive seen and contact me saying all is sorted as they did 4 years ago when they contacted me saying we have a letter from your doctor saying your condition will never get batter.

thanks again unclebulgaria

it really nice and heartwarming to know there are people like you out there to help and advise and cant thank-you enough.

What has to born in mind, is that any department responsible anything health related, is that there are tens of  thousands of health conditions, the conditions vary in impact, people suffer from multiple conditions, health conditions change over a period of time and also people come with their own varying issues.

So it is massively complicated and therefore there has to be some way of assessing benefit requirements. And in any field of work, where a subject is so complicated,  it is necessary to obtain as much information as possible. Which is why they have to issue assessment forms. 

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

i totally understand what you are saying unclebulgaria

i was just amazed that after such a short space of time it went from no end date please fill in these forms and we will reassess you.

i suppose to them its all standard stuff if there is any change at all we start all over again.

once again a massive thanks for your help and advice.

its a re assessment to see if you are entitled to more assistance

mrs did this and was promoted upon mobility to severe and got the  enhance disability award.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They will have seen your previous condition, and as there is no end date, it is likely as UB and DX say, tho make sure you are getting your full entitlements.

• Thanks 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

well folks this morning i recieve a letter from capita saying due to covid face to face are suspended so instead will be dping a telephone assessment on the 16th  sept at 8am. i cant believe they are doing this with all the info they have. only 10 wks they write saying i no longer have an end date now to be told im being assessed again. should i be worried ?.