• Tweets

• I cannot uploads it, that’s what I am saying, When scanning it into the computer at 300 dpi it’s still difficult to read you, the forum guide said to scan to below 300, so I scanned at 200, then I edited the file to remove personal info and converted to PDF, but I am unable to upload because the size is higher than 4.88mb, if I compress it it’s going to shrink the file and make  the resolution worse, by then you will not be able to read the small print at all. I believe the document is enforceable becouse I can read what it says and it matches the contract provided by cap1, I can upload that one which is better quality and will probably scan better. Presuming it is enforceable, what’s the best course of action to get a full and final settlement? 
    • As a consumer who was on the other end of this at the worst possible time I can give another perspective.  I was stressed as hell but I was more understanding than usual if the person on the other end at least tried to be helpful - and the vast majority did.  It often felt better to be dealing with another human who was prepared to try and find a solution than the usual 'that's what we do' scripted answer.  This remained true even if we didn't find a solution, I was very grateful for any effort.  Just as in-house conference calls now include kids and pets as the norm, I don't think consumers do mind processes being slowed if it means they are individualised -  humanised if you like.  To bosses this may well seem less efficient, I do believe it can be more effective.
    • We acknowledge receipt of our recent letter requesting data as per Section 77-79 Consumer Credit Act 1974, and can confirm that we have requested the relevant documentation from our client and we will forward it to you when it is received.   We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable repayment plan. However, if you believe we are unable to ask that your account is repaid in this manner please provide us with specific details so the client can address any specific concerns you may have. This request is asked to also minimise potential costs and delays.   Moorcroft reply received by email yesterday.    Do i just ignore it?  
    • As Gick indicates not a FINE, if it is a genuine Letter Before Claim could you post it up as a PDF, with personal details and any reference number/barcodes hidden please   Also if you could answer the questions in this sticky, we can see where you are at.  If a LBA probably a snotty letter, but the Team can advise best response once we have full picture what PPC originally sent the Invoice?    
    • Skip hire companies have a trick they almost always use to exploit customers. This is how it is done.   Say for example if a skip was hired for a week and that duration ends on 5Aug, they will not collect on that date if there is no demand from another customer. So instead of collecting the skip, disposing the content and taking it back to their own site, they delay collection. In effect they use the customer’s driveway to "store" their heavy bulky stock. The customer "rents out" their driveway to them totally free.    Reason: Skip are large and very heavy objects. During peak times they are in great demand and companies would love to have a lot of these to rent out. Their problem is space on their depot but more importantly, it is the significant costs involved in moving them in terms of fuel and drivers. They would also need to have a good number of heavy vehicles to keep moving the skips.  During slow times, it is works better for them to move lesser number and save hugely on costs involved in movement.    What to do: 1. Haggle for price reduction if you need skip for a shorter duration than usual. Chances are they will not budge on price unless there is huge demand and their supply cannot meet the demand. So definitely try that. 2. When your collection date comes, call them and ask for collection on that date. If they refuse or give ambiguous answers, tell them, you will demand compensation for obstructing your driveway, rental for using your driveway as storage, and for inability to use the driveway to park your car as mandated as a condition in your car insurance.    In my experience, the booming voice of their staff tried to bully and shut me up - "We give no guarantee when it will be collected and it will definitely not be today."  But after I said the above, the skip was gone within an hour.    IMPORTANT: make a video fo your driveway when the skip is being lowered. The person who holds the switch to lower the skip will now be extra careful not to damage your driveway. And if the driveway is damaged due to improper technique, for example a faster drop than acceptable, you can claim for repair.     
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Sh4fted

Dismissed without warning or reason

I applied for a job in June 19 in an engineering manufacturing company as workshop manager. Got the job and started immediately.

After 6 months probation completed, provided with company clothing and advised satisfactory completion.

Mar 20, Covid arrives placed on furlough.

End Jun 20, called to office for a meeting and given termination letter - MD states dissatisfied with standard of work - no other reasons given, just there's the door.

Wrote to employer asking for reasons and explanation as I am completely in the dark

Received response saying I did not have the necessary skills or experience or attention to detail, that he had been unhappy with me after six months. If so why not do anything about it whilst under probation? Why advise probation satisfactory? Why place me on furlough?

No warning, ever. No diciplinary action, meetings, discussions, ever.

I believe I have been dismissed unfairly - my work was perfectly acceptable, never a complaint. He was perfectly happy with me - its all BS

Any advice on what I can do?

Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along later.

I'm not an employment expert but I think that as you haven't been there for two years, there isn't a lot that you can do. Have you read up on the ACAS website on the rules for dismissal?

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted (edited)

You might want to check your contract notice as you’ll need to be given that or given legal notice under 2 years (1 week), usually instant is for gross misconduct which this doesn’t appear to be.

Again need to check contract but minimum 1 week I believe legally.

I agree they should have better processes in place but they’ve terminated you for unsatisfactory performance they can do that.

It sucks but it’s not unfair, I can see a discriminatory reason posted either so I think best bet will be to look for something new. 

Most likely they need to lose heads & knowing they will have to pay contributions in August chose to lose you as you have been there less than 2 years and have very little rights as a result.

Edited by adam1992

They dont appear to have followed the ACAS code but as your employment with the company is so short the most you could possibly win in a fight with them is 1 weeks pay.

It is not unfair dismissal when the procedures havent been followed, it is unlawful but as said there is not a lot  of compensation to be had.

Now when they dismissed you did they pay you the correct holiday pay? that money would be at your full rate and so would any monies paid  for notice period. You will need to look at your contract of employment and ultimately you might have more mileage being awkward over this if they have got it wrong than over the mechanics of your dismissal.

If they have slipped up then i would be adding the weeks notice money to the bill with the holiday pay etc and see waht they do then