Dismissed without warning or reason

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied for a job in June 19 in an engineering manufacturing company as workshop manager. Got the job and started immediately.

After 6 months probation completed, provided with company clothing and advised satisfactory completion.

Mar 20, Covid arrives placed on furlough.

End Jun 20, called to office for a meeting and given termination letter - MD states dissatisfied with standard of work - no other reasons given, just there's the door.

Wrote to employer asking for reasons and explanation as I am completely in the dark

Received response saying I did not have the necessary skills or experience or attention to detail, that he had been unhappy with me after six months. If so why not do anything about it whilst under probation? Why advise probation satisfactory? Why place me on furlough?

No warning, ever. No diciplinary action, meetings, discussions, ever.

I believe I have been dismissed unfairly - my work was perfectly acceptable, never a complaint. He was perfectly happy with me - its all BS

Any advice on what I can do?

Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along later.

I'm not an employment expert but I think that as you haven't been there for two years, there isn't a lot that you can do. Have you read up on the ACAS website on the rules for dismissal?

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You might want to check your contract notice as you’ll need to be given that or given legal notice under 2 years (1 week), usually instant is for gross misconduct which this doesn’t appear to be.

Again need to check contract but minimum 1 week I believe legally.

I agree they should have better processes in place but they’ve terminated you for unsatisfactory performance they can do that.

It sucks but it’s not unfair, I can see a discriminatory reason posted either so I think best bet will be to look for something new. 

Most likely they need to lose heads & knowing they will have to pay contributions in August chose to lose you as you have been there less than 2 years and have very little rights as a result.

Edited by adam1992

• 2 weeks later...

They dont appear to have followed the ACAS code but as your employment with the company is so short the most you could possibly win in a fight with them is 1 weeks pay.

It is not unfair dismissal when the procedures havent been followed, it is unlawful but as said there is not a lot  of compensation to be had.

Now when they dismissed you did they pay you the correct holiday pay? that money would be at your full rate and so would any monies paid  for notice period. You will need to look at your contract of employment and ultimately you might have more mileage being awkward over this if they have got it wrong than over the mechanics of your dismissal.

If they have slipped up then i would be adding the weeks notice money to the bill with the holiday pay etc and see waht they do then