just_jue

Advice needed on HA not carrying out repairs

Hi, hope everyone is well.

I live in a small cul-de-sac of 9 newish build housing association housing they are approx 10 years old now, I have lived here for over 5 years now and have had problems with the house since we moved in.

After speaking to other residents all have either similar problems or other problems that have not been rectified including solar panels that don't work, severe mould problems, windows not opening, storage heaters either not working or temperamentally working.

There is no gas in our area so the only way for any of the tenants to get any hot water is to run the immersion which works out expensive.

One tenant has hold a leak in her bathroom since October and had no light in there since due to a hole in the roof, they have spoken to the HA and they have told her the job has been signed off as completed. The have told them they will have to have scaffolding erected and all the problems sorted but they can't give them a time as the HA have run out of budget.

I would like to make a list of all the problems with each property and complain as one the HA. Would this be possible and would I need each household to sign something so I can act of their behalf.

Thanks

JJ    

Get together with other Tenants, make a list per property, and take good clear images of all the issues. Then submit them to HA again

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Escalate to CEO if no joy.  Is this an English HA?  Are they engaged with TPAS and Tenant Participation/Involvement strategies?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for getting back to me.

We are based in East Sussex.

I don't know if they are engage with their tenants

I am getting details from all the tenants

What HA is this and are they involved with TPAS https://www.tpas.org.uk/

It's Town & Country based in Tunbridge Wells. I can't see anything on their website about tpas 

Hi

First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.

Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants

All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.

You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)

You also require copies of the following:

Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet
Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet)
Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet)
Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet)
Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet)

When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.

They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.

(bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes excellent stuff from Stu,   In there will be plenty of things to use to challenge the HA's delays and shenanigans.

the TPAS link is to suggest if they don't do Tenant Engagement/Involvement they damned well should as its part of the Social Housing regulation these days, more so in Wales, but TPAS might have some suggestions to fire at the landlord as a sort of second front  its something to keep in reserve.