I would like some advice please.

I lost my husband a week ago.

My son is causing a lot of trouble in the family, and has posted a libellous post about me on facebook.

My brother told me about it, as I have blocked my son.

My brother has also given me a print out of the post, ready for any solicitor that may be able to help me.

I am so upset about the post, and what my son has written is so nasty that no son should be able to say anything like it about his own mother.

I do hope that someone can help me with this matter, as its not the first time he's posted something nasty about me on facebook.

I've tried to report it to facebook, but without luck.

Hi. I'm so sorry about your husband, it's a tough time for you.

Feelings can run very high after someone dies and sadly your son doesn't seem to have helped. A bereavement can bring out the worst in people, I've seen it.

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of what's happened but is getting embroiled in a family row going to make you feel any better? If you possibly can, I would give this a bit of time so that your feelings can find some kind of equilibrium.

Also, are you sure that this is the time to be trying to sue someone for libel? It's never easy and it can be very expensive.

Hugs, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi GB,

Welcome to CAG and I'm sorry to hear of your very recent loss.

I wonder if your brother or someone else could talk to your son and ask that he removes the offensive/libellous remarks.

When you refer to a solicitor helping, perhaps you mean help having the post removed, rather than taking action for libel, slander or defamation.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)