• Tweets

• So why are they not respecting the quite clear current voter desires and just s*d off?
    • The digital bank has introduced three new plans - Extra, Perks and Max - replacing its existing Plus and Premium plans for new customers.View the full article
    • Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

TfL fare evasion used 11-15 years oyster card.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@BazzaS yes you are right. Thank you for appointing it. I am working on writing a letter by myself.

Hi guys, I rewrote it. Please feel free to help me better it. @dx100uk @honeybee13 @BazzaS

First of all I want to make my most sincere apologies for my action in this case. I have always been a respectful citizen in every country I have lived in until now and I feel extremely shameful of my very poor judgement in this matter. I take full responsibility of my action and accept that I was in wrong.

Like I have said to the Tfl police at the day of the accident I am an international student. When the event happened it was only four and half moths that I was in England and foolishly I haven’t informed myself in regard of public transport regulation, like I did thoroughly after. However I want to clearly state this does not want to be an excuse for my offence, since I immediately understood how wrong I was, it only wants to be an explanation of my ignorance on the matter.

In addition being an international student in a city like London is not very easy emotionally and economically too. I have a part-time job to maintain myself since my parents, which live in my country of origin, can’t help me much. I came here with the hope of a better future for myself and I cannot believe that I have jeopardised my dream with my stupidity.

As an international student under Tier 4 Visa conditions if this matter were to escalate further into court, it would lead to severe penalty from Home Office in my case. A criminal conviction would be devastating and I am afraid I will lose the right to remain further in the country.

I am extremely sorry for what I have done and in a sign of goodwill I am attaching to this letter the statement of my bank card and a pay as you go card that I have used after and continue to use to pay for my journeys.

Once again I wish to apologise to Tfl service and every member that have been affected of my foolish actions and offer to make immediate payment of the unpaid fare and all the reasonable costs that my actions have caused.

Although I would understand if you want to go further in court with my case, I sincerely hope that you will accept my apologies and my offer to an out of court settlement.

I would appreciate your consideration and I sincerely hope that you can show some leniency in this matter.

At least you’ve removed the reference to “Freedom pass” (that because this wasn’t a freedom pass abuse case:  showed it was a “cut n paste”).

hopefully you’ll get advice on ‘polishing’ this, while keeping it “your own words” (which have more chance of success!)

nothing about how you've bought tickets/ passes or paid for travel since the incident.

far too many repeats of you are a forign student on a visa etc etc 

once at the start 

once at the end

......upon how a conviction would impact your visa..

you also need to outline wHY you resorted to it, being of little financial income that day as parents could no longer support you at the time.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hello @dx100uk thank you for your insight.

I have stated that I will attach with this letter my bank statements since I have used my bank card for my journeys. Isn't this good?  I don't know how to show it otherwise.

I added what you suggested in the paragraph:

In addition being a student away from my country in a city like London I found to be not easy at all emotionally and economically too. I have a part-time job to maintain myself since my parents, which live in my country of origin, can’t help me much. Being short of money and away from home tarnished my thoughts and it turned that I took some poor decisions like using someone else’s card that day. I came here with the hope of a better future for myself and I cannot believe that I have jeopardized my dream with my stupidity.

hello @honeybee13 thank you I wrote it wrong. It meant to be 'months'

@honeybee13 yeah 😅 thank you. 

Can I ask you your personal thought about the letter?

Do I have any chances in your opinion to gain an OOC?

I don't mind to pay any amount of money, I mean reasonable amount of money. 

I am happy to offer them all my savings only to not get the record.

Should I offer them a sum or it will be worse?

I don't have a lot to add to what dx said about your letter. It's important not to waffle and repeat yourself.

Rather than offer a specific amount, we normally suggest you ask if they would allow you to pay them what you owe plus their reasonable admin expenses, something like that.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

@honeybee13 @dx100uk this I what i have now.

Dear Sir,

I write regarding the letter that I have received from you and concerning the occasion on when I was reported for travelling on your bus service on 17th January 2020 in Pembridge Road/ Kensington Park Road using another person not transferable zip card.

First of all I want to make my most sincere apologies for my action in this case. I have always been a respectful citizen in every country I have lived in until now and I feel extremely shameful of my very poor judgment in this matter. I take full responsibility of my action and accept that I was in wrong.

Like I have said to the Tfl police at the day of the accident I am an international student. When the event happened it was only four and half months that I was in England and foolishly I haven’t informed myself in regard of public transport regulation, like I did thoroughly after. However I want to clearly state this does not want to be an excuse for my offence, since I immediately understood how wrong I was, it only wants to be an explanation of my ignorance on the matter.

I found that studying in London is not easy at all emotionally and economically too. I have a part-time job to maintain myself since my parents, which live in my country of origin, can’t help me much. Being short of money and away from home tarnished my thoughts and it turned that I took some poor decisions like using someone else’s card that day. I came here with the hope of a better future for myself and I cannot believe that I have jeopardized my dream with my stupidity, thus a criminal conviction will lead to a severe penalty on my visa.

I am extremely sorry for what I have done and in a sign of my goodwill and that I have learned this important lesson I am attaching to this letter a pay as you go card and the statements of my bank card that I have used after and continue to use to pay for my journeys.

Once again I wish to apologize to Tfl service and every member that have been affected of my foolish actions and offer to make immediate payment of the unpaid fare and all the reasonable costs that my actions have caused.

Although I would understand if you want to go further in court with my case, I sincerely hope that you will accept my apologies and my offer to an out of court settlement.

I would appreciate your consideration and I sincerely hope that you can show some leniency in this matter.

like i said ..

firstly

once again

although i would

drop those ..

you need to start the letter with an honest apology, dont waffle about what you've been like elsewhere in the world..not important.

is perfect>>>I feel extremely shameful of my very poor judgment in this matter. I take full responsibility of my action and accept that I was in wrong.

twist around your explanation to benefit your situation and more reflect the truth.

i came to the UK in september 2019 to study for xxxxx.

Until the time of the incident my parents has been supporting me from abroad but in january this support stoppedas they hit hard times and my part time job was not enough to support me

i was very naive about you UK regulations 

give am an hour i'll do it for you

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@dx100uk thank you very much. It will be a huge help.

Hi @dx100uk keep disturbing you but I really would appreciate your help with my letter. I’m trying to change it again but I’m starting to panic. Nothing that I write feels right. Please can you help me to paraphrase the paragraphs, I’m feeling desperate. Thank you.

sorry been busy....

IF they were to look at the pattern of use of the card in the weeks before you got stopped

would they see a pattern of A<>B travel each day at the same ish time each weekday, or was your travel/use of the card sporadic?

dx

and they

can you scan up the original letter from TfL and the SJP Court letter please to ONE multipage PDF ONLY

read our upload guide carefully 

and they

@dx100uk now that I am thinking the day they stopped me It wasn't the same rout I used to take. And I have used my bank card to pay for my  journies even those weeks. I am looking at my bank statements that days before I have used various time my bank card for my journeys too

scans please too.

and they

i read them , there is no mention of anything prior

so they obviously think they don't have enough proof the other journeys were you.

i'll get around to a letter later tonight for posting tomorrow.

as for the court form

plead guilty and state you wish to attend to show your genuine remorse personally to the judge, 

and they

Dear Sir,

I urgently write to you upon the matter concerning when I was reported for travelling on a bus service on 17th January 2020 in Pembridge Road/Kensington Park Road with another persons not transferable zip card that i was not entitled to use. case Ref XXXX.

I have now received a single justice procedure notice with a a time limit of 21 days to state my plea.

Having sought suitable advice, it has come to my attention that my short reply to you on the return form of your letter dated xxxx was somewhat innocent and may have appeared rather flippant upon my behalf.

Please excuse these actions, at the time of the incident i had only resided in the UK for a very short period and it was not until i sought recent advice, i became completely aware of how the travel system and laws operate in this country and how serious my actions then were. I have always been a respectful citizen in every country I have lived in and I feel so extremely shameful of my very poor judgment in this matter now and how i have conducted myself since.

I came to the UK shortly before September to study at university to further my life and career. My parents proudly funded my education from abroad and i attained a part time job and was happily enjoying my development.  Following a difficult Christmas period for my parents, they were suddenly no long able to financially support me from afar and with only a part time job, my finances soon dwindled.

During this period i was helping close family to occasionally escort my younger cousin to and from school for safety. i innocently though they had purchased her card and wrongly believed i could use that to travel by myself as it was already a paid pass. Please don't take it away as they have told me you will and are displeased with me now too.

i was stopped by your inspector and I expressed such in my short statement i had no idea i had done or was doing wrong. This does not excuse my offence, since I immediately understood how wrong I was, it only was an explanation of my ignorance on the matter as i have said. I cannot believe that I have jeopardized my dream with my stupidity, thus a criminal conviction will lead to a severe penalty on my visa. 

I am extremely sorry for what I have done and the trouble i have put your staff through. Prior and since the event have i used my Bank Card and pay as you go cards, i attach the statements of my bank card that I have used after and continue to use to pay for my journeys.

Once again I wish to apologize to Tfl service and every staff member that has been inconvenienced by my foolish actions and offer to make payment of the unpaid fare and all reasonable admin costs that my actions have caused to avoid at all costs a court conviction, as this will destroy my future as i will not be able to get a visa with a court conviction nor be allow to continue at university and this will disgrace me to my family, i plead to you to offer me an out of court settlement.

Although I would completely understand if you wanted to go further and press at court with my case, I sincerely hope that you will accept my apologies in your consideration and show some leniency in this matter.

and they

couple of silly mistakes in the text now corrected above

and they