• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LTSB - Abbreviations on DPA / Customer Notes

Loula
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after that i think i`m just going to forget about the first 2 years and just stick with the last 4 for which i can cross reference against the online statements. coz to be honest i aint a clue what i am looking at here

knobby1, I hope you don't get discouraged from claiming back what is rightfully yours. If you do, their abbreviations will have worked in their favour - is that really what you are prepared to accept?

My DPA reply has not arrived yet but I'm sure I'll need a translator when it does! Good luck getting a reply Loula.

Regards,

Bean

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

I've got a explanation page in with my dpa stuff.

I'll scan it in tomorrow, but

LS902 - Advise o/d: suggest increase limit is discussed: retry

LM902 - Limit exceeded:credit/contact no more increase

LM901 - Limiy exceeded: contact to discuss

etc, etc

cool

These are teh first in teh row of letters and numbers in my customer notes, I thought it was work station id's they must have loads of these if they are instruction ID's

await eager for the rest.:D

BL.

sorry for the delay, i keep forgetting to take the p/w to work. I've taken a photo of it on my phone. Hopefully it'll be clear enough to see.

Actually i can't seem to attach files. I'll PM Loula

I received the following details with my DPA requested statements today.

Not too sure what EM and LETTER DELETED refer to though but thought the following might be useful anyway:

Letter Explanation Codes

1463 A/c overdrawn day 11: with/without agreed limit LETTER DELETED

LU901 unpaid cheques or direct debits: Effects not cleared – EM – LETTER DELETED

LU902 unpaid cheques: Refer to drawer fee EM – LETTER DELETED

LU904 unpaid cheques or direct debits: RD and RDPR EM – LETTER DELETED

LU913 Standing Order: retry EM – LETTER DELETED

LS912 suggest increase facility is discussed: retry – LETTER DELETED

LS902 advise o/d: suggest increase limit is discussed: retry – LETTER DELETED

LM902 Limit exceeded: credit/contact no more increase EM – LETTER DELETED

LM903 Over limit credit or cont to discuss an increase overdraft EM – LETTER DELETED

LM901 Limit exceeded: contact to discuss EM – LETTER DELETED

AK208 Enclosure for signature and return

AK215 Request new specimen signature – LETTER DELETED

AK234 Address change Anti Fraud acknowledgement

OF203 2nd/3rd offender direct offer classic/staff cheque account

XP901 Limit: expired – Letter of authority

UB901 Advice of unauthorised borrowing fee EM

LH901 Contact: warn excess limit may return future items: retry – LETTER DELETED

LH905 Card payments: warn withdrawal & UBF: retry – LETTER DELETED

LH923 Chaser no response – previous letter: retry – LETTER DELETED

EM901 New excess letter EM

EM902 Excess letter – 1st chaser EM

EM903 Returns letter EM

EM925 Confirm excess letter EM

EM926 General Letter EM

EM908 Unable to return letter EM

EM909 Advice letter for non charging events EM

ER201 Letter sent in error: centrally produced letter

AG242 Permanent

CCD Control account under Central Collections Department control

PR230 Promotional – contact me

AF219 Secondary A/c app recd – new account details given

EI205 Reply for personal/sole trader/partnership customers

Customer Contact Notes Abbreviations

Method of contact

AP Appointment

BI Branch interview

ER Enquiry

HV Home visit

MI Mail in

MO Mail out

TI Telephone in

TO Telephone out

Subject

ACCRVW Account review

APTBKN Appointment broken

ATM Cashpoint, bankcard

CHQACC Cheque account

CRCRDS Credit cards

DECD Deceased

DEPSAV Savings account

EXMGMT Excess management

FO Formal overdraft

GNCOMP General complaint

HOMMTR Home/motor insurance

LIFE Personal protection plan

LLPENS Pensions

LOANS Loans

MLSHOT Mailshot Letter

MTG Mortgage

NOANS No answer

S-ENQ Status enquiries

SO-DD Standing order/direct debits

STDLET Standard letter

ULINV Investments

VREFD Visit refused

Action

ACK Acknowledgement

ADV Advice

AMD Amend

APP Approve

APDC Appointment declined

APMD Appointment made

CAN Cancel

CLM Claim

DEC Decline

ENQ Enquiry

NEW New

OTH Other

QUO Quote

REQ Request

RES Response

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Data Protection Act request sent 26/04/2006

Statements received 09/05/2006

Letter for repayment sent 24/05/2006

Reply received on 27/05/2006 refusing to refund the charges

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Reply received 15/06/2006 - still refusing to pay

Email sent requesting repayment 23/08/06

Claim acknowledged 06/09/2006

on my customer notes the first page says letter "standard letter automatically generated first class central" then after a few notes of manual intervention all the subsiquent notes say "standard letter first class central" my question is does any one elses say this? or have they realised that the "automatically generated" is detrimantal to them so have ommitted it?

LLOYDS TSB

DPA: REQUEST SENT: 11-04-06

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

PRELIM LETTER SENT: 04-05-06

RECEIVED SOD OFF:06-05-06

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure whether this is of any use but as a Lloyds customer signed up for internet banking I was able to check my statements back online to July 2002. They have a search facility which means you can search statements up to 3 months at a time specifically for charges (including penalty and interest charges). I was able to do this yesterday afternoon having watched Trevor McDonald programme the previous evening. I posted my request for a refund yesterday covering a 4 year period (in excess of £2,500 for charges mainly incurred as a result of Lloyds taking the previous months charges!). On this basis I did not have to request the information from the bank for this period as it was already available to me.

Hope this helps.

I would like to agree with sagaloo - it is easy to search back with the internet facility. I did this yesterday in half an hour for free!

Questions though please: Now what. Letters with list of charges to local and head offices with proofs of postage.

Then wait I suppose?

Anyone got experience of what happens next?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a loan running with Lloyds for 5 years no problems. Suddenly started getting £25.00 charges every month as "there is no direct debit on this account and we are having to take it manually" When I queries whose authority did they have to take the money if there was no direct debit, I was told "we don't need your authority". So what is the point of the direct debit and why were they charging me £25 a month?!!!!! When I complained in person, I was told they would refund the charges and it looked like that's what they did when I was there. Lo and behold the next month's statement had the charges back on it. AAAAhhhhh!!!! I have now sent my Data Protection letter as they completely did my head in financially as well as psychologically.

Andrea :)

• 5 months later...

Lloyds did include a guide to abbreviations when they responded to my DPA request. They were professional through and through, that is if by professional you mean a third generation xerox copy of a page typed in Comic Sans font!

On an unrelated note, as I've posted on my own thread, Lloyds gave me their new standard £750 gesture of goodwill offer. I responded with a rejection letter including an extra £1000 of previously undisclosed charges and an extension to their timeframe by 14 days, "as a gesture of goodwill."

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this helps a little - there are a few I haven't got on the list that Lloyds sent me!

MO STDLET

Mail out standard letter

BI CS_CHQ RES

Bank Interview xxx Cheque Response

BI ICA NEW

Bank Interview xxx New

MI FO OTH

Mail In Formal Overdraft Other

TI CHQACC OTH

Telephone In Cheque Account Other

ER CHQACC OTH

Enquiry Cheque Account Other

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks