Lowell Vanquis Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice if possible. 

Short overview: -

Had a Vanquis debt for 2k from 2010 which up until 2016 i was paying amongst others via debt management company.

I cancelled my debt management plan to tackle the debts myself which was effective all except Vanquis

i had no contact from until 2 months ago when the debt was sold to Lowell.

I sent off a CCA request to Lowell and they sent me a Digital Signature Application which is the same format as the one i have posted below.

They also sent a set of Terms and Conditions, which had no date on them APR rate etc.

To get this matter cleared up i offered a settlement figure of £500 which of course they refused, and sent me a counter offer with a 20% discount.

This is as far as i have got with them to date, i did not respond to counter offer and am awaiting their next move.

I had the default that Lowell put on  my credit file regarding the above account, removed by Experian.

I wrote to Experian and said that Lowell could not prove the debt was mine and that was all i wrote.

A  correction was put on my credit report and the default from Lowell removed, the correction has now dropped off along with the default.

As far as i am aware Experian would of contacted Lowell with my dispute and Experian could only remove the default from my credit file with the lenders permission.

I quote from Experian website

"If the lender realises their data was incorrect, your report will be updated to reflect this.
Note that we can’t change or remove a default on your report without the lender’s permission. However, we’ll do everything we can to help you sort out a dispute." 

My question really is, do i have any leverage with Lowell?

I would like to settle the debt but do not want to have to pay these bottom feeders any more than i have too.

Does the fact that the default being removed from my credit file mean they can not prove the debt 

if i was to take it as far as court?

What i am hoping for is to get a low low settlement offer from them so i can clear the debt and move on.

Any help or advice, points of view would be greatly appreciated.

image_31014.jpg

image_31015.jpg

it's interesting to see the default has gone, but that would not have been the cra but lowells themselves, or poss the default reached 6yrs and was auto removed?

anyway

no you don't take them to court

and no don't need to settle the debt

it's not harming you.

if you look at lowell claimform vanquis threads here (use our search to right)

you'll see thats the usual twaddle they roll out for a CCA return which has never won them a court claim yet.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if someone could help, I am going to be moving house in a couple months, should i tell Lowell my new address? What i do not want is Lowell trying to get a CCJ and the paper work being sent to old address and me not being able to defend it.

The last letter i had from Lowell was that they were giving me until August to send them a financial breakdown of my circumstances, which I of course am not doing, its none of their business.

I think you have answered your question ....

should i tell Lowell my new address? What i do not want is Lowell trying to get a CCJ and the paper work being sent to old address and me not being able to defend it.

Obviously yes.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as you should with all debts that you last paid/used the credit within say 7yrs

and don't forget Car V5C and your driving license .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...