style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter dated 31st March 2015 to Three in Glasgow to cancel my mobile BB stating the following;

Although we have contacted Three by phone and advised of cancellation of the above account, cancellation has been refused. Please ensure that the above account is cancelled when it expires at the end of the current contract which is on the 5th May 2015 otherwise I will have no choice except to escalate the issue to the Ombudsman.

By return snail mail also I received the following;

Thanks for writing to us. We tried to call you, but could not get through. (A lie as we never supplied a phone number)

We've taken a look at your query and that we'd like to speak to you about. Please call us free on 333 from your Three mobile or 0333 3003 333 from another phone (standard call rate applies) Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm and Saturday to Sunday 9am to 8pm.

IMHO I have done everything necessary to cancel the contract and see no reason why I should be phoning Three to tell them I want to cancel. I still have a DD set up and normal debit date is ab out 27th of the month.

Should I cancel the DD to get some reaction from them? We have a clean credit record and do not want three theatening us or putting a black mark on my record.

I never thought it would be such a hassle to cancel a contract! :evil:

If the contract term has expired and you have given the required notice and you are sure you will no longer be using them, then yes, cancel the dd.

They probably want to talk to you to offer you a reduced tariff etc and try and hang onto you as a paying customer.

Hi

I bet Three will come back and say you didn't cancel 30 days before the end of your contract. The terms and conditions say you must give them 30 days notice, nothing about more than 30 days notice.

You have sent a letter, they have responded. That should be the end of the matter but I suspect it won't be.

If you are fully paid up and do not owe any extra for going over the data limit, then cancel your DD.

The issue is the potential for black marks on your credit file.

If you can record any call to them, why not ring them? That would tie them in knots if they ever tried to deny you cancelled.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I just spent nearly half an hour on the phone cancelling the account. I was put on hold on two occasions and left hanging while they processed the cancellation. They have now told me the account will be terminated on the 5th and that my account will be debited for the same amount on 27th April? I gave up at that point and put down the phone. There may be a small amount to pay as it is £5.49 per month, but not the full amount. However it is a small price to pay to get rid of these incompetent, bumbling sadists!

• 5 years later...

I have been a Three customer for over 10 years and the current contract was coming to an end in May 5th and that is where it all went downhill. 

We are getting totally exasperated by Three and no matter how times you call or write to them they simply ignore your message. 

Back in April on 23rd I bought a Three sim card from Three on contract for £16 a month to replace my current sim card. 

However I had second thoughts later in the day and contacted them via their “Chat” on the Three website on the same day to cancel. 

I told them that I wanted to cancel, but the person I was corresponding with on the Chat was very evasive and after nearly an hour I gave up. 

I then contacted them again via the “Chat” on the same day and the advisor agreed that the sim would be cancelled and that my current sim would revert back to being a PAYG at end of contract the following month.

The following day I got the new sim card which is still in its original sealed packaging and has never been used. 

Not trusting the adviser I then wrote and sent a letter via snail mail, not email, to the Three head office in Glasgow outlining my issues and explaining that on two different occasions on the 23rd I had cancelled the sim card.

I heard nothing further and assumed that the issue had been resolved. 

On Tuesday 30th June I received a threatening letter from Three stating that if I did not pay the overdue amount of £22.84 they would send debt collectors to our home. 

I contacted Three again via the Chat as at present one cannot contact Three by phone. 

Went through everything explaining that the order had been cancelled Online through Chat within less than 24 hours plus I had also written to the head office. 

I had to explain this to two different advisers with the last one telling me that he was not authorised to make any changes and that he will be passing my query through to accounts and that they will be contacting me within 48 hours. 

Today I got another threatening letter stating that if I did not pay the outstanding amount debt collectors would be sent to my home and my credit rating would be affected. 

Obviously this is causing me a lot of stress especially as I am now in another contract with Three for a different package. 

If I had realised that the £16 a month sim had not been cancelled I would never have gone ahead with the new contract. 

I am a pensioner and cannot afford to pay for two contracts for the same phone.

Three are making no effort to contact myself despite contacting them three times about the sim card with once being in writing that should have been cancelled. 

This whole issue is causing me a lot of stress especially as we are away for 3 weeks from Sunday and the last thing we need is debt collectors banging on our door while we are away. 

As we are going away for 3 weeks I am not sure whether to pay the "outstanding" amount and then on our return make noises to reclaim it or just ignore it and hope for the best. 

Please advise us on the best course of action to get this matter resolved. 

Many thanks.

debt collectors (DCA's) are not BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt 

no matter what it's type.

pers i'd simply ignore three now

but keep an eye on your credit file and make sure they don't trash it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

forget debt collector totally.

no such thing will ever happen..

keep a watch on your credit file  thats all you need to do.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

I had 3 x 12 month sim accounts from 3 and on month 7 I had on my app the notice I could cancel for £8 the price of  my monthly account .

As my coverage was poor out of the city centre I wanted to move away so cancelled 3 accounts to move to BT Mobile who use EE £11 for 24GB and unlimited etc,

three then sent letters saying they wanted £120 for early termination charges

I told them about their app saying £8 each charges for cancelling.

They  firstly said ok no further charges , all waived, but sent letters threatening court cases from  non payment one month after.

On chat I showed them the conversation about all been cancelled they then cancelled all termination charges eventually 

Eventually I sent a recorded letter to them about a month ago regarding cancelled contract. No reply.  I think I will need to pay to check my credit file to make sure they have not trashed it.  Unfortunately I do not know which organisation Three use to conduct credit checks.

they are all free. now

clearscore

credit kama

etc

and they

• 3 months later...

I wrote to the CEO at Maidenhead on 9th Sept and have had no reply, but I have had no more threatening letters etc.  Not sure if it has now been put to bed to will come back to haunt me at some point in the future?

We dont have a crystal ball either

Dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Three -