@TeamKnowhowUK @curryspcworld during Covid-19

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon all

I am active on twitter @Consumer_Sue doing my best to help all the customers who have been treated appallingly during Covid. 

I am not an expert on Consumer Law, but I do my research and point people in the right direction. 

For my sins, curryspcworld and Teamknowhow have blocked me on twitter, however its quite easy to see what they are up to and I am continuing my campaign to have this company held to account. 

This all started back in March when I ordered 2 laptops for my granddaughters to be able to do schoolwork during lockdown. 

One arrived.  I spent a total of 9 hours trying to get through to customer services and when I did, they "promised" to send the other one. 

A month on and I heard nothing, so I found with email of the CEO - Alexander Baldock with the help of ceomail.com which is a great website. 

I prepared a template letter downloaded from Citizens Advice, emailed and instructed he had 5 days to respond. 

Two day later I received a call from Gemma Mooney from the CEO complaints team and my refund was processed within 5 days. 

I had since ordered from John Lewis and they delivered the next day "as promised". 

I have since found the email addresses of two other directors and all this information is in my tweets.  The complaints on Twitter and Facebook are increasing daily and I struggle to keep up with the calls for help. 

I am constantly pursuing all media channels to have the voices of customers heard and actively encouraging people to report them to the https://www.coronavirus-business-complaint.service.gov.uk/. 

Their warranty plans are another source of stress for customers who are being fobbed off on Twitter. 

Please don't give up, know your rights and stick to your guns.  All the best, Sue.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found your way here.

We can advise everybody here – it's all free and if people are prepared to work with us and be motivated then we almost always get good results.

I hope that you can bring other people who are following you on Twitter onto the forum because Currys PC World need some serious treatment from their customers.

One thing I have to say though is that you have posted to your introductory story in a solid block of text which makes it very difficult for people to follow.

Please would you post your stories properly spaced and punctuated and that will encourage people to pay more attention and to give you or others the help that you all need.

• Like 1

I've now read through your story thoroughly.

Congratulations on getting a refund without too much trouble. Congratulations also on doing it through "channels". However, the channels you used are non-conflictual and am afraid this is not the kind of treatment that Currys need.

They need a more aggressive and conflictual approach which puts them on the back foot and also costs them money. This means litigation in the small claims county court.

Obviously, most people would rather get their problem sorted out quickly and without this kind of trouble – and I fully understand that. People want to pay 100% of the money and get 100% of the service and then carry on with their lives – and what's wrong with that?

However, too many people are over concerned about bringing legal actions and so they tend either to give up or to compromise their own rights.

Companies like Currys need an onslaught of legal actions. This is the only kind of thing which would make them think and it is also the only kind of thing which would eventually attract publicity.

However, as I've already said, we are a bit of a campaigning group – and I appreciate that our priorities here are not to everyone's taste

Thank you for this.

I was a bit wary of sending people down the court route, however reading your response I will definitely be pointing people this way for additional help.

Thank you again and thank you for all that you do to help people.

Sue

Well obviously people would rather do it without this kind of hassle – and that is understandable – but I'm afraid that all too often Currys and their solicitors tend to rely on the fact that people lack confidence and knowledge and would rather settle for a quiet life then force the issue.

We are prepared to force the issue – and in fact we are very happy to do it – and they always back down.

You can assure people that if they need to go to court then we will hold their hand all the way.

• Like 1

By the way, if you want to get a head start on dealing with Currys/PC World, then you should read the stories on this forum, also read up the steps in taking a small claim in the County Court and also look at the consumer rights act 2015 – the sections relating to the sale of goods.

This is broadly all you need to know. It's really not very difficult. It's amazing more people don't get stuck in.

One of the great things about dealing with a company which actually is as fundamentally weak as Currys is that it is a great place to cut your teeth on and if you actually get round to issuing proceedings, then you acquire lots of transferable skills so you can then feel confident about suing anybody else who gets in your way.

• Like 1

• BankFodder changed the title to @TeamKnowhowUK @curryspcworld during Covid-19

You could also tell the people who follow you on Twitter to include - @TeamKnowhowUK @curryspcworld  in the title of their thread because then it will automatically tweet out and Currys will know that we are coming for them. And that they should be afraid – very afraid.

and forget any warranties totally..

they arent worth the paper they are written on and don't overwrite, remove or replace your rights under consumer laws and regulations like the consumer rights act  esp the short term right to reject.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't accept vouchers or repairs if a laptop is faulty on reciept, or not as advertised, say a smaller SSD or less RAM than on the order. as DX indictes forget the extended warranties, they are just another profit line for them

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's difficult to give you a response when we don't know the specific issue and what is being said.

I'm afraid that the only thing to tell people is that Currys routinely rely on extended warranties to try and escape their statutory responsibilities. People should come here and tell us what has happened and we will advise them in their very best interests – and that we always win. And that it's completely free – no strings.

You should follow the link to extended warranties and see what we have to say about it

Just that an extended warranty is usually a waste of money, and might not be a one off cost, might be an annual fee for length  of warranty,  There are so many exclusion clauses its difficult to cash in on one.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Just by way of an update, I am now being targeted on Twitter.

Today, two profiles have been set up and followed me, both were "here to call out Sue's sh*t".  Both have now been blocked.

I have clearly hit a raw nerve somehwhere 🤨

Looking for new washing machine myself, Curry's PC World will not be on the search list.  How to confuse the Computer Team Knowhow.  Tell them you are running a Linux Box.

• Like 1

A computer not running Microsoft Windows or a Mac.It s free to use, and comes with Office and Media software in with the operating system.  is no harder to use these days than Windoze is usually more stable  I only have a drive with windows on for games that only run with DirectX.  Android as in phones is a form of Linux at heart.