UKPCM windscreen PCN - PC the hub milton keynes for parking in my own space

I own the apartment and the allocated parking spot,

Ran an errand and forgot to put the permit back,

Called the management company and they said i should appeal, however a quick google says thats a bad idea. 

Any help with  how i should proceed would be greatly appreciated. 

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement?28/6/2020, 20:37

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]N

5 Who is the parking company?UKPC

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?The Hub Carpark, Milton Keynes

Hi.

Is there any more information requested in the forum sticky that you can give us please? Also could you tell us what the 'infringement' is according to them?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

No notice to keeper received yet, so the parking charge is the only thing i have so far. 

infringement is "parked in a permit area without displaying a valid permit" 

Never appeal as you may identify yourself as the driver, only respond to a Letter Before Action and come here for advice on that.

Do you have a copy of your deeds? Does it state anything about a parking management company?

Are you freehold or leasehold?

It's Leasehold..  no i dnt have a copy at hand.

How long do i have to wait for a letter before action ? 

Well you own the land so they cannot issue you a parking charge anyway, it's your land.

Do they have signs up?

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCM windscreen PCN - PC the hub milton keynes for parking in my own space

you await the NTK which should arrive between 29 - 56 days if it was a windscreen? PCN not an ANPR one.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX said.

Do nothing until you get that NTK as UKPC usually get something wrong, in the meantime get photos of the signs, get your deeds and check what it says about ownership of the parking space and if there's any mention on the lease about a parking managment scheme.

Don't worry about it, this is going nowwhere, I'd love to see a PPC try taking someone to court for parking on their own property.

• Like 2

They have done several times Homer,

Might be worth looking at these links on Parking prankster to get an idea about UKPC Kismet878

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2017/03/ukpc-lose-in-court.html

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/search?q=ukpc+residents+parking

Wait for the NTK, then post it up as a PDF so we can see where they have messed up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ha! reading those was fun! I hope the OP reads them as they clearly show that UKPC don't have a leg to stand on presuming their signage is equally poor.

• Like 1

If anything it will show them that UKPC are just another lot of greedy chancers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So let us be clear, they have stuck a notice to driver on your car windscreen stating that you have breached some condition of parking at that site.

They have to send you a Notice to keeper between 29 and 56 days after the date of the parking event. This letter must contain certain information and use key phrases to make it create a liability.

Whay I would like to see is what is written on the ticket they slapped on your car and also see what the signs at the site say.

Allocated parking is fraught with problems so I would also like to see what the lease says about allocated parking spaces and particularly whether the space is indeed part of the lease or whether it is a separtes offer by the landowner that has its own conditions.

what usually happens is the management co that run the place take a backhander for allowing these bandits to enforce resident only parking. The bandits cant make money out of this alone so they invent terms that you can fall foul of to make them the money instead of chasing random peopel dumping their cars there for the day

• 1 month later...

Your vehicle was recorded on our Clients Private Property, might come back to bite them if terms of lease are superior to contract  they have with the managing Agents.

can we have the PCN itself and the pictures ericsbrother asked for please too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unpaid parking Charges will be passed to our recovery agents at which point an additional charge of &60 will apply.  Not if they don't know the driver's ID and are chasing the Keeper they don't.

Usual advice is to ignore everything going forward except a properly worded Letter Before Action LBA

Be prepared for lots of begging letters form their pet DCA, in scary red ink!

Keep everything they send you and check your lease, what does it say on there about your parking place?

Number on pcn

is that the only sign?

and they

Does your lease allow the PPC to mess with you and trespass on your space to place tickets?  is this a gated parking area with keyfob entry?

Not sure about the lease read through all the documents i have and couldnt find anything about parking. Contacted the management Office to get a copy sent to me. When i complained to them about the ticket they told me to appeal so they clearly don't care. 

and yes it's a gated underground parking area with key fob entry. 

Which begs the question why contract a cowboy to police what the public cant access and abuse?  Think the MA have some questions to answer, as a Parking scheme isn't there to fleece the residents and generally isn't required in a gated key fob accessed area..

Those cases on Prankster will likely apply, if you can get the details of what your Lease says about parking and post them up as PDF, we can see which way to tackle thgem.  In meantime don't appeal.

lets see what ericsbrother comes up with., his point:

"what usually happens is the management co that run the place take a backhander for allowing these bandits to enforce resident only parking. The bandits cant make money out of this alone so they invent terms that you can fall foul of to make them the money instead of chasing random peopel dumping their cars there for the day "

Might be why the MA are being evasive, you have caught them out.