my debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sorry to jump in on this but been looking at this site and seen this thread and see about letters to send so can you please send me or give me links to the 2 pro-rata letters you say about as I cant see or open them. Also can anyone help in regards to owing paypal money have they got the right to chase me and claim it back

please create your own topic

by hitting create in the top red banner

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk ok sorry im new to this so I will create 1 for paypal but I see above you say about pro-rata letters so can you link me to them or send to me by email or something please ?

create a topic too for the debts you need the pro rata letters for too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk sorry to bother you again but only now come back to this due to family issues. You say to create my own by hitting create button however it open a drop down menu with only a few things im able to click on so what do I click on to create 1 a problem with debts plus 2 a negative balance with paypal that wasn't my fault. Sorry but new to all this

i have create your own thread (this one)

please post here now

tell us your story

and they

Help & Advice wanted on PayPal debt please

I had someone staying with me for a while before they moved away and they had access to my PayPal account and was buying a few things and giving me the money no problem but then unknown to me until it was too late they had a gambling problem also and last off used my PayPal to fund online gambling .

They ended up using £5,000 through PayPal.

the first I knew was when I went to do some online banking and seen £1200 went out of my bank for PayPal

I looked straightaway and stopped / cancelled my bank letting PayPal take from my account .

I logged on to PayPal and seen transactions 1 after another

this going to total the £5,000

I unlinked my bank & cards from PayPal account .

Then nearly 2 weeks after I started getting emails and messages saying my account was in negative balance for £3,800 because they already had the £1200 .

I’m in a bit of debt anyway and struggling so for this to happen left me feeling very ill to find they have spent thousands and left me without anything no money to live on or feed family even at the time as that £1200 that was taken out of my account was all I had,

I’m very annoyed and feeling very mad and very ill.

Ive no idea how I can put this right as got no work no money because My wife got struck down with illness and disabled and I also have special needs daughter so I’m now a full time carer for both wife and daughter .

I need to sort this but dont know how or best way to go about it.

Ive had emails from PayPal and ive replied and explained plus went on live chat etc and asked for it to be logged and for them to please come to some payment agreement even though I cant afford it

I know I got to put things right somehow but had no joy in chat and was just told pay into PayPal what I owe.

again I get emails and I reply but not getting any reply back to my emails .

Ive not told my ill disabled wife about this right now as it would push her over the top and make her more ill thinking about it and its her Nephew to top things off so I know it would destroy her .

Ive tried talking to someone with PayPal in live chat etc and emails as said asked if it can be logged showing

ive been in touch regarding this matter and need to try sort it and also asked for them to contact me in writing so hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement to put this right

so far its been about 31 days now since account been in negative and ive had no phone calls or letters from them yet

what can I do and whats best way to deal with this

I’m trying to pursue the person for these funds as we speak but know I’m not going to get anywhere

I have debts of my own and will sort another advice separate for them as now I’m not working and a full time carer for wife & daughter

I’m struggling to pay them so will want advice on letters to send them for reduced payments etc

But for now I need to know what to do about PayPal as its really making me worry and is making me ill but ive got to try be strong and put on brave face for wife & daughter I dont want them picking up on something is wrong & worrying me

PayPal, ignore them, don’t contact them, nothing they can do . Won’t even appear on your credit file

Other debts? Your wife Ill and disabled? Start a. We thread on each I’ll help you get them of your back. Don’t worry!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes wife was hair dresser she started getting ill and all her joints etc hurting and pain all over her body and so on

after long tests she was told its Fibromyalgia

well they have been treating her and meds etc but it just got worse and worse to the point some days she cant move or turn over and

its attacked all her joints and nerve system plus started calcifying bones resulting in 2 operations already to shave bone joints in shoulders but just getting worse and my daughter is special needs so now I care for both 24/7 .

you say do nothing with paypal but im really worried about it.

I will sort out and list other debts later when get more time and hopefully get advice on best way to send them letters etc and hopefully get payments reduced

FM is nasty, I got a friend with that! Don’t worry about PayPal. Don’t speak to them, don’t email them. Don’t pay them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

wont paypal keep hounding me or even sell the dept on to others to hound me ? Been trying with family & nephew to sort this but they cant he gambled everything so no chance me getting it and now im left with it to deal with

PP are in Luxembourg, they ran away there to avoid £b's in uk back taxes ...

there is nothing they can do to you.

shame you cant get that £1200 back they already snafued 

and they

I’m still thinking about this PayPal but only because ive been reading other forums and them saying that PayPal sells the debt to other companies and then they chase you for it .

Here are the other debts I have below and I’m still paying them all but now really struggling with it as I’m now full carer and no tidy income. None of these have I failed to pay yet to date and ive never been to court or anything and no criminal record ive always been clean & tidy and always paid things without fail but due to circumstances already said about ive now got deeper in owing more and just really struggling now and cant afford all the payments I’m paying plus then all the interest that keeps going back on them.

Nationwide building society credit card  £4,400

Nationwide building society overdraft £345

Capital 1  £2,594

Argos credit/store card £1,904

the wife also has

Nationwide credit card £1,600

Argos credit/store card  £1,875

Capital 1  £1,280

Its the Nationwide bank I’m really wanting to keep sweet as ive been with them since I was like 17 and I’m 50 now plus I use it for all direct debits and car insurance / life insurance etc etc plus I rely on the overdraft from month to month. 

i would suggest you look at the dates of posts on those other forums

paypal do not sell debts and even if they do, there is stuff and all any debts buyer could do yo you in the UK.

forget it, or even better go complaint to your bank and tell them paypal did not advise you £1200 would come out of your a/c, which they should do, and that it was the result of fraud. you don't have to tell them any details.

as for the rest of your debts..

debt IS NOT A CRIMINAL OFFENCE IN THE UK..where the beep did you get that from!!

pers i'd be opening a parachute account and getting asll your income paid into that so NO-ONE can get their hands on it.

cause NW are just about to introduce 40% OD int rate and they will forever be draining you of money

get OUT NOW from them.

dx

and they

Ok thanks

in regards to all the debts whats my best way to go about them and trying to get low payments and interest stopped on them for now

In regards to opening parachute account 

I do have another account sorry that most income is now paid into but its also with nationwide plus

I cant have direct debits or anything going out from that as its just standard account

so I got to transfer money to other nationwide account to pay bills

go open a parachute account with ANOTHER BANK co-op post office etc all have online sign up

get ALL you income paid into an account NOT owned by nationwide

then forget about them.

its YOUR MONEY YOUR INCOME.

you CONTROL who gets it and WHEN

and if thats £1PCM then so be it.

get this account up and running

get your benefits moved to it and any other income, cut of ALL income going directly to NW.

them we'll deal with the pro rata letter which are in the debt collection section of our library.

as for you DD's, pers i'd cancel them all via the nationwide website

and then set them up again

or simply use BACS faster payment on your new bank account.

i've had NO DD's for over over 10yrs now, i use bacs

and they

Some good advice, no need to worry. Hard times for many at the moment. 

Ok I cant find pro rata letter and dont knowhow to get to the debt collection section of our library .

Id like to send letters and see if I can get low monthly payments for now or am I better off looking at a way to get them cleared like see some saying about going bankrupt or apply to courts to get them wrote off or something

I dont fully understand best ways to go about things and dont want it all going down against me and effecting my credit etc as I know some say you cant get car insurance on monthly basis or mobile phone contract etc if goes down on credit score and I need car insurance of course with disabled family I cant not be without car

Oh God , stop jumping straight to the world war 3 scenario.

You are 50 million miles away from bankrupcy or courts. Please listen to advice.

whatever you do, let's make it clear....

you will get defaults on your credit file that will most probably make credit more difficult to get.

but going BK or whatever just like the above kills your score for 6yrs too, and gets defaults registered for 6yrss and has the added problem of a record you went BK  there too.

better to use the pro rata route IMHO.

you have a house and assets so DRO is no good to you.?

and they

ok thanks so where are the pro rata forms so I can start sorting and sending to each to get the ball rolling. Also sorry should have said i dont own my home im renting from housing association

the pro rata letter is already post above a few posts ago.

but if you've no assets

have a look at this link dro.

but forgetting the paypal debts...how much are you in debt? about £8k by your above list?

and they

Sorry I dont understand whats going on here I cant see find or open pro rata letter and in the message now you say look at this link but its not showing me any link to look at ??  Yes my debts are around 9k & about 4.5k in wifes . When you say no assets ive no savings or anything but what about things like my car worth around 2.5k and when my father passed away he left me his camper that I cant part with its worth about 4k also what about house contents like tv's etc and wifes jewellery and so on ??

Nobody is going to take anything away from you. End of!

Concentrate on caring for your family, it’s more important than a few thousand quids worth of unenforceable debt.

say i was going to write to all these about the debts and try get deal to reduce monthly payments and stop all interest

do I write to them first or do I stop payments then write to them ?

Same if I was going for a DRO do I just sort out and apply for that first or stop all payments then apply for it .

Also I see for a DRO it says ive got to go through  an authorised debt adviser

so who do i go to about this and at moment we still on lockdown here in wales and not many places open .

Last off ive asked regarding pro rata forms and still cant find any