lowell PAPLOC now Claimform - Old Cap1 Debt notice still applicable?

Badger91

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 93 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok well in all honesty I did tell dx that I received the CCA again in July and was weighing up if it was worth letting it go to county court when all that was left was the DN and NOA, and that I would just incur more costs by letting it go that far, but at no point was I told I had no defence and that it was pointless. So I could have just accepted to pay the 389.69 ? 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You still can pay it and then inform the court that's its been settled.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Doubt it..but you could ring them and say your prepared to pay the debt amount only if they will drop the claim/sol fee ?

You can still submit the defence today by 4.00pm and that will give you  little more time to negotiate...an extra 33 days before they incur further costs.

In fact you must submit the defence today otherwise they could request judgment before you even have chance to pay or negotiate. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I had already paid the full balance before you had replied, after you said I had no defence, I don't see why I would submit a defence, when you have just told me I don't have one, because I am only relying on the fact that they haven't provided the NOA + DN, if that's the case why did Dx advise me that I should ignore them and let it go to CC, when I told him all that I was missing was the DN + NOA, If I had no defence then why didn't he tell me there and then before it went to CC, I told him I received the CCA after I replied to the Paploc letter. why would I incur further fees by dragging it out for another 33 days, I rang the courts and asked if it would be possible to pay the previous balance and they said I would have to pay the full amount, so I've paid it, I'm fed up with it, I have not submitted a defence. Lowell said they wont request for CCJ because I've paid in full.

Is this site a joke or what, do you actively take pleasure out of misleading people and giving incorrect advice, I feel like have been set up to fail, leading to unnecessary fees being added from following misleading advice. 

Edited by Badger91
grammatical errors

The reason I suggested submitting the defence irrespective was to gain you some breathing room to negotiate/ settle...an extra 33 days as per my last post.....that is all. The defence has no merit...but it still complies with the process and they would still have to allow a further 33 days.