lowell and cap1 debt PAPLOC - if they fail my CCA - is a section 10 notice still applicable?

Hi dx100uk,

Overdale Solicitors have sent me a letter confirming that they received my response to the pre action protocol form,

they have confirmed that the account was originally opened in October 2014, the account defaulted in 2015, and the last payment made was 7/06/19.

they have only included a copy of the original CCA, which is in better quality than the last one, and full statements. 

They have also said they are able to accept an affordable payment offer and they now require me to contact them with my intentions towards the above account. The account is on hold for 30 days.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still begging then..

did you do some research as advised??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I have looked into the pre action protocol, which states that the creditor must provide requested documents within 30 days, which they haven’t yet provided it all, still waiting on the default notice, notice of assignment, I’m presuming that they don’t have it otherwise it would have been provided, all charges, interest, and purchases are included in the statement they provided along with CCA. 

Going by what you had said previously about Lowell not having to comply with all the requested documents in order to request northants bulk to raise a court claim.

will this mean that I won’t incur additional court fees unless they can provide the default notice and notice of assignment to the courts and that if they cannot provide them, will they back down? 

not sure if you had made a typo:

lowells if they have any paperwork issues typically did continue the claim once they HAVE to disclose enforceable documents..

did you mean to put they typically didn’t continue the claim. 

As you can imagine I don’t want to incur any additional fees, so if it means negotiating with them to remove the bank charges and just paying the remainder I would rather do this than later find that they have the documents after the 30 day hold on the account expires and they then begin the court claim

I have tried my best to understand however I do work full time nights and have other commitments and life that gets in the way, my expertise is no match from advise you all seem to understand like the back of your hands, it’s quite confusing for someone to understand, especially when your expected to figure it out yourself within 30 days, You advised me to return for advise when I received the PAPLOC letter and that’s what I’ve done, I returned for help with the next steps and it’s almost like you begrudge Advising people when they come for help, there’s no need to be so abrupt and almost passive aggressive tone, it’s almost as if you really hate having to advise people, clearly you would much rather we all be experts but that’s easier said than done. 

being a bit more understanding and some politeness would go a long way, you come across very rude, abrupt and argumentative, you don’t seem to show any empathy which has shown through your replies throughout the thread. 

If I was able to work this out on my own I wouldn’t ask, apologies for being such a hinderance to your day. 

On 30/05/2021 at 23:07, dx100uk said:

plenty of

lowell claimform

threads here already 

get upto speed

use our enhanced google search box for the above.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...