Car Quay Porsche Mis described

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Manxman in exile said:

As BF says it won't cost your son anything for him to do a SAR.  Are you expecting to find anything in particular?  I'm not sure what the mis-handling is?  CarQuay wrote to your finance company (technically the car's owner) to inform them that you'd had work done to the car without CarQuay's permission.  As CarQuay probably had reason to believe there was some dispute between them and you over the condition of the car when it was sold, I'm not sure they've done anything wrong.

(I think we're in danger of being diverted again.  As BF has said you and your son need to decide what you want to get out of this.  Then you need to organise your arguments and evidence and negotiate with CarQuay.  Is CarQuay aware that you don't necessarily want them to pay for some of the work you've already had done, or are they under the impression you want them to pay for everything?  I'm wondering if a simple misunderstanding is contributing to this).

I Have mentioned this on numerous occasions to Carqauy that Im not seeking re payment, it does seem to fall on deaf ears for some reason

Regarding the GDPR at no point have I or my son given authorisation oaf any kind to allow Carquay to discuss anything with the finance company in relation to myself my son or the contract

The GDPR issue is irrelevant. What you hope to gain by bringing it up? You are simply going to add further complications to an already complicated situation. Let it go and stick to the main problem.

Frankly I'm just trying to help you get the best possible outcome in something which has been completely botched – and I'm afraid it's mainly because the way you have handled it.

I think because of this you then have to cut your losses to a certain extent. You are obviously prepared to do this and you are prepared to forego the question of the modifications. Suddenly you are bringing it up again – and I have no idea why.

I think the question of the roadworthiness of the car – as long as you have got good evidence that it was roadworthy is a winning argument and frankly I would leave it there if you can get the money for that without litigation then that will be excellent. If you need to litigate on it then you will be going for pretty well £3000 and I rate your chances of winning as being pretty high – better than 80% – although once again, you haven't helped yourself by not informing people and also because of the confusion as to whether or not you knew about the defect, who the contract was with – et cetera and all of these points are very likely to be raised before a judge which of course will help to undermine your position. My best advice to you is to leave it all alone and stick to the roadworthiness and bite the bullet on the rest.

Here is the latest E Mail just landed from Carquay, we have checked our files and can confirm we know nothing about Evolution Funding, our contract is with a different finance company, so from the previous E Mail correspondence the dealer has been speeking with an un known finance company about our details??.......breach of GDPR

Nick

I have discussed the actions taken prior to lockdown to look at some issues you reported on the Porsche.

I explained our efforts to both look at, diagnose and then rectify any safety related issues on the vehicle.

I explained you took the decision to take the vehicle back prior to lockdown.

I explained you have gone and spent lots of money on your car and then presented me with a bill.

I explained a goodwill gesture has been made.

I explained your son owns the car and financed the vehicle but his father (you) keeps messaging me regarding the problems.

Your sons finance was organised through Evolution Funding, all the details will be on there.

I will await contact from the lender in due course and no longer wish to discuss this situation with yourself Nick, seeing as how you don’t own the vehicle and aren’t our customer, your son is.

If your son wants to get in touch I’ll happily talk to him as he owns the car.

Many thanks

jamie

I've told you that you will be best off leaving GDPR alone. I think I can say now that I don't think that we will be prepared to give you any support on this issue.

Just now, BankFodder said:

I've told you that you will be best off leaving GDPR alone. I think I can say now that I don't think that we will be prepared to give you any support on this issue.

crossed messages, Ok Fair enough BF, I thought I would mention it 

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

The GDPR issue is irrelevant. What you hope to gain by bringing it up? You are simply going to add further complications to an already complicated situation. Let it go and stick to the main problem.

Frankly I'm just trying to help you get the best possible outcome in something which has been completely botched – and I'm afraid it's mainly because the way you have handled it.

I think because of this you then have to cut your losses to a certain extent. You are obviously prepared to do this and you are prepared to forego the question of the modifications. Suddenly you are bringing it up again – and I have no idea why.

I think the question of the roadworthiness of the car – as long as you have got good evidence that it was roadworthy is a winning argument and frankly I would leave it there if you can get the money for that without litigation then that will be excellent. If you need to litigate on it then you will be going for pretty well £3000 and I rate your chances of winning as being pretty high – better than 80% – although once again, you haven't helped yourself by not informing people and also because of the confusion as to whether or not you knew about the defect, who the contract was with – et cetera and all of these points are very likely to be raised before a judge which of course will help to undermine your position. My best advice to you is to leave it all alone and stick to the roadworthiness and bite the bullet on the rest.

I know BF and I cant thank you enough seriously, you are the professionals.......and I abide by your knowledge and guidance

6 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I appreciate the fact ive not helped myself, but I have not asked for money for the work carried out, the fact I mentioned it was to lend weight and illustrate, but there wasn't a demand for money already spent

You draft something and post it up. I suggested what the letter should contain.

Don't forget that if this does go to court – which it could well do – you will have to deal with it in a competent way

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

You draft something and post it up. I suggested what the letter should contain.

Don't forget that if this does go to court – which it could well do – you will have to deal with it in a competent way

Hi BF, yes I appreciate my post at times are a bit messy, I am now disabled and suffer from a mental illness....so I must apologise if my posts are not to good